There are schools offering elementary education degrees in Utah!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in Utah
Approximately 1.1% of graduates in of Utah receive elementary education degrees every year. That means an estimated 1,012 elementary educators graduate from Utah's 12 elementary education schools each year.
University of Utah, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Utah that has a elementary education program. It is located in Salt Lake City. In 2010, University of Utah graduated 58 students from its elementary education program. Tuition at University of Utah was $6,272 per year.
Brigham Young University, which is located in Provo, is the second-ranked school in Utah that has a elementary education program. It received a ranking of 56th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Brigham Young University graduated 227 students from its elementary education program. Tuition at Brigham Young University was $4,420 per year.
Utah State University, which is located in Logan, is the third-ranked school in Utah that has a elementary education program. It received a ranking of 66th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 185 students graduated from Utah State University elementary education program. Students at Utah State University paid $4,828 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Utah's elementary education schools ranges from $25,980 per year to $2,542 per year. But, the average tuition is $6,674 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Utah elementary education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Westminster College - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $25,980 per year
- University of Phoenix-Utah Campus - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $10,680 per year
- University of Utah - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $6,272 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Utah elementary education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Snow College - located in Ephraim, students are charged $2,542 per year
- Utah State University-College of Eastern Utah - located in Price, students are charged $2,670 per year
- Dixie State College of Utah - located in Saint George, students are charged $3,489 per year
An elementary education degree from an Utah school... what next?
The highest percentage of elementary education graduates in Utah pursue careers as an elementary educator. In 2010, there were 13,900 elementary educators working in Utah. The Utah counties with the largest populations of elementary educators are:
- Salt Lake County - 5,670 elementary educators
- Davis County - 2,590 elementary educators
- Juab County - 2,160 elementary educators
The government projects that the number of elementary educators in Utah will grow by 34%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 15,840 elementary educators working in Utah.
An elementary educator in Utah earns $46,270 per year on average. But, salaries for elementary educators can vary. In 2010, elementary educators made as little as less than $19,480 per year or as much as more than $72,830 per year in Utah. On average an elementary educator earns the most in the following Utah counties:
- Zapata County - $62,930 per year
- Davis County - $48,480 per year
- Millard County - $48,230 per year
The following counties in Utah have the lowest average salaries for elementary educators:
- Carbon County - $37,260 per year
- Franklin County - $42,550 per year
- Box Elder County - $43,400 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Utah statistics regarding a career in elementary education and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as ESL or early childhood education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Elementary Education in Utah
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in Utah
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in Utah
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Utah
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||13,900||$46,270||25.5%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||1,480||$83,830||10.4%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||1,110||$46,430||0.0%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||550||$40,120||-50.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in Utah