There are schools offering interior design programs in Utah!
Schools Offering Interior Design Programs in Utah
Utah State University, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Utah that has a interior design program. It is located in Logan. 16 students graduated with a degree in interior design from Utah State University in 2010. Students at Utah State University paid $4,828 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Utah that has a interior design program is Southern Utah University. Southern Utah University, which was ranked 72nd in the country in 2010, is located in Cedar City. In 2010, Southern Utah University graduated 0 students from its interior design program. The tuition rate at Southern Utah University was $4,736 per year.
Bridgerland Applied Technology College, which was ranked 72nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Utah that has a interior design program. It is located in Logan. In 2010, Bridgerland Applied Technology College graduated 1 students from its interior design programs. Tuition at Bridgerland Applied Technology College was $0 per year.
Interior design schools in Utah, charge students an average tuition of $5,314 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $17,488 per year, or as little as $2,900 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Utah interior design schools were charged at the following schools:
- The Art Institute of Salt Lake City - located in Draper, students are charged $17,488 per year
- Utah State University - located in Logan, students are charged $4,828 per year
- Southern Utah University - located in Cedar City, students are charged $4,736 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Utah interior design schools were charged at the following schools:
- Latter-day Saints Business College - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $2,900 per year
- Salt Lake Community College - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $2,932 per year
- Weber State University - located in Ogden, students are charged $4,311 per year
An interior design degree from an Utah school... what next?
The highest percentage of interior design graduates in Utah pursue careers as an interior designer. Utah had 290 interior designers in 2010. In Utah, the largest numbers of interior designers work in the following counties:
- Salt Lake County - 230 interior designers
- Davis County - 30 interior designers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 890 interior designers will be working in Utah state. This would require the number of interior designers to grow by 22%.
On average, interior designers earn $65,420 per year. In 2010, however, some Utah interior designers earned as little as less than $34,310 per year or as much as more than $130,370 per year. An interior designer in the following Utah counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Salt Lake County - $69,930 per year
For more data regarding a career in interior design in Utah and to compare salaries with various related fields such as design or graphic design, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Interior Design in Utah
- Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design in Utah
- Certificate in Interior Design in Utah
Curious what studying Interior Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Utah
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are interior design related jobs in Utah