There are schools offering special education degrees in Utah!
Schools Offering Special Education Programs in Utah
Your Favorite Schools
Approximately 0.3% of graduates in of Utah receive special education degrees every year. That means an estimated 309 special education professionals graduate from Utah's 10 special education schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Utah with a special education program is University of Utah, which is located in Salt Lake City. In 2010, it was ranked 27th nationwide. 60 students graduated with a degree in special education from University of Utah in 2010. Students at University of Utah paid $6,272 per year in tuition fees.
Brigham Young University, which is located in Provo, is the second-ranked school in Utah that has a special education program. It received a ranking of 56th in the country in 2010. 56 students graduated with degree in special education from Brigham Young University in 2010. The tuition rate at Brigham Young University was $4,420 per year.
Utah State University, which is located in Logan, is the third-ranked school in Utah that has a special education program. It received a ranking of 66th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 47 students graduated from Utah State University special education program. Students at Utah State University paid $4,828 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Utah's special education schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $5,088 per year, though tuition can range from $10,680 per year to $2,542 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Utah special education schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Phoenix-Utah Campus - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $10,680 per year
- University of Utah - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $6,272 per year
- Western Governors University - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $5,870 per year
The following Utah special education schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Snow College - located in Ephraim, students are charged $2,542 per year
- Salt Lake Community College - located in Salt Lake City, students are charged $2,932 per year
- Utah Valley University - located in Orem, students are charged $4,288 per year
A special education degree from an Utah school... what next?
The Utah counties with the largest populations of special education professional are:
- Davis County - 320 special education professionals
- Salt Lake County - 240 special education professionals
- Carbon County - 90 special education professionals
The government projects that the number of special education professionals in Utah will grow by 37%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 2,210 special education professionals working in Utah.
On average, special education professionals earn $46,430 per year. But, salaries for special education professional can vary. In 2010, special education professional made as little as less than $18,670 per year or as much as more than $70,350 per year in Utah. On average special education professional earn the most in the following Utah counties:
- Salt Lake County - $50,770 per year
- Davis County - $50,380 per year
- Franklin County - $48,440 per year
The Utah counties with the lowest average salary for special education professionals are:
- Millard County - $41,210 per year
- Juab County - $41,750 per year
- Carbon County - $43,230 per year
The special education professionals with highest average salaries in Utah were:
- Preschool Special Education Teacher - $46,430 per year
On average, the lowest paid special education professionals in Utah were:
- Preschool Special Education Teacher - $46,430 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Utah statistics regarding a career in special education and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as speech therapy or elementary education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Special Education in Utah
- Bachelor's Degree in Special Education in Utah
- Master's Degree in Special Education in Utah
- Doctoral Degree in Special Education in Utah
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|7,364 miles from location||Salt Lake Community College||Salt Lake City||UT||17.6641||n/a||34,966|
|7,356 miles from location||Brigham Young University||Provo||UT||43.6667||77%||34,130|
|7,357 miles from location||University of Utah||Salt Lake City||UT||72.974||59%||29,284|
|7,359 miles from location||Utah Valley University||Orem||UT||15.0907||n/a||28,765|
|7,355 miles from location||Weber State University||Ogden||UT||23.3311||n/a||23,001|
|7,360 miles from location||Western Governors University||Salt Lake City||UT||20.0503||63%||15,870|
|7,338 miles from location||Utah State University||Logan||UT||34.0933||48%||15,612|
|7,474 miles from location||Southern Utah University||Cedar City||UT||27.7334||53%||8,066|
|7,368 miles from location||Snow College||Ephraim||UT||24.7077||n/a||4,368|
|7,362 miles from location||University of Phoenix-Utah Campus||Salt Lake City||UT||12.2115||n/a||2,691|
Curious what studying Special Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Utah
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School +||1,110||$46,430||0.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are special education related jobs in Utah