There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Virginia!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Virginia
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Delaware
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Pennsylvania
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Washington DC
- Administrative Assistant Courses in North Carolina
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Maryland
- Administrative Assistant Courses in West Virginia
- See All Schools in Virginia
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Virginia students graduate with certificates in administrative assisting. In other words, every year an estimated 354 administrative assistants graduate from Virginia's 29 administrative assistant schools.
CET-Alexandria, which is located in Alexandria, is the top-ranked school in Virginia that has a administrative assistant program. It received a ranking of 73rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, CET-Alexandria graduated 12 students from its administrative assistant program.
Washington County Adult Skill Center, which was ranked 75th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Virginia that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Abingdon. In 2010, Washington County Adult Skill Center graduated 10 students from its administrative assistant program.
The third-ranked school in Virginia with a administrative assistant program is National College-Salem, which is located in Salem. In 2010, it was ranked 78th nationwide. In 2010, 50 students graduated from National College-Salem administrative assistant program. The tuition rate at National College-Salem was $10,489 per year.
Administrative assistant schools in Virginia, charge students an average tuition of $3,959 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $16,120 per year, or as little as $2,616 per year. In 2010, the following Virginia administrative assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Bryant and Stratton College-Richmond - located in Richmond, students are charged $16,120 per year
- Bryant and Stratton College-Virginia Beach - located in Virginia Beach, students are charged $15,220 per year
- National College-Salem - located in Salem, students are charged $10,489 per year
The following Virginia administrative assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Southwest Virginia Community College - located in Richlands, students are charged $2,616 per year
- Mountain Empire Community College - located in Big Stone Gap, students are charged $2,652 per year
- New River Community College - located in Dublin, students are charged $2,677 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a Virginia school... what next?
The highest percentage of administrative assistant graduates in Virginia pursue careers as an administrative assistant. 24,480 administrative assistants were working in Virginia in 2010. The Virginia counties with the largest populations of administrative assistants are:
- Caroline County - 4,420 administrative assistants
- Chesapeake County - 3,840 administrative assistants
- Botetourt County - 700 administrative assistants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of administrative assistants is expected to grow by 19% by 2018. There are projected to be 32,910 administrative assistants working in the Virginia then.
An administrative assistant in Virginia makes an average of $47,640 per year. But, salaries for administrative assistants can vary. In 2010, administrative assistants made as little as less than $24,650 per year or as much as more than $68,310 per year in Virginia. On average an administrative assistant earns the most in the following Virginia counties:
- Albemarle County - $47,700 per year
- Harrisonburg County - $46,120 per year
- Caroline County - $43,480 per year
On average, administrative assistants earns the least in the following Virginia counties:
- Buchanan County - $34,900 per year
- Giles County - $37,590 per year
- Accomack County - $38,180 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Virginia statistics regarding a career in administrative assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Virginia
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Virginia
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Office Clerks, General||105,050||$28,700||-8.6%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||24,480||$47,640||29.7%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||21,210||$35,020||-13.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Virginia