There are schools offering architecture degrees in Virginia!
Schools Offering Architecture Programs in Virginia
The top-ranked school in Virginia that has a architecture program is University of Virginia-Main Campus. University of Virginia-Main Campus, which was ranked 10th in the country in 2010, is located in Charlottesville. In 2010, University of Virginia-Main Campus graduated 146 students from its architecture program. Students at University of Virginia-Main Campus paid $10,828 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Virginia with a architecture program is Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, which is located in Blacksburg. In 2010, it was ranked 19th nationwide. 195 students graduated with degree in architecture from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University was $9,459 per year.
The third-ranked school in Virginia that has a architecture program is Hampton University. Hampton University, which was ranked 76th in the country in 2010, is located in Hampton. In 2010, 30 students graduated from Hampton University architecture program. Students at Hampton University paid $18,074 per year in tuition fees.
Architecture schools in Virginia, charge students an average tuition of $8,461 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $18,074 per year, or as little as $2,998 per year. In 2010, the architecture schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Virginia were:
- Hampton University - located in Hampton, students are charged $18,074 per year
- University of Virginia-Main Campus - located in Charlottesville, students are charged $10,828 per year
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University - located in Blacksburg, students are charged $9,459 per year
The architecture schools in Virginia that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Northern Virginia Community College - located in Annandale, students are charged $2,998 per year
- John Tyler Community College - located in Chester, students are charged $3,080 per year
- Norfolk State University - located in Norfolk, students are charged $6,327 per year
An architecture degree from a Virginia school... what next?
Most people who graduate from architecture school in Virginia go on to work as an architect. Virginia had 2,510 architects in 2010. The largest populations of Virginia architects are working in the following counties:
- Caroline County - 480 architects
- Chesapeake County - 400 architects
- Albemarle County - 150 architects
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of architects is expected to grow by 15% by 2018. There are projected to be 4,700 architects working in the Virginia then.
An architect in Virginia earns $77,230 per year on average. However, Virginia architects earned anywhere in the range from as less than $26,170 per year to more than $114,360 per year in 2010. The following counties in Virginia have the highest average salaries for architects:
- Chesapeake County - $85,500 per year
- Frederick County - $81,950 per year
- Albemarle County - $75,240 per year
On average, architects earns the least in the following Virginia counties:
- Amherst County - $54,430 per year
- Alleghany County - $57,030 per year
- Caroline County - $59,390 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Virginia statistics regarding a career in architecture. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as civil engineering or design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Architecture in Virginia
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture in Virginia
- Master's Degree in Architecture in Virginia
- Doctoral Degree in Architecture in Virginia
Curious what studying Architecture gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Architects, Except Landscape and Naval||2,510||$77,230||-15.5%|
|Architectural and Civil Drafters||1,790||$47,420||-40.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are architecture related jobs in Virginia