There are schools offering computer programming courses in Virginia!
Schools Offering Computer Programming Programs in Virginia
Your Favorite Schools
The top-ranked school in Virginia that has a computer programming program is ECPI College of Technology. ECPI College of Technology, which was ranked 74th in the country in 2010, is located in Virginia Beach. 13 students graduated with a degree in computer programming from ECPI College of Technology in 2010. ECPI College of Technology charged in-state students $13,550 in tuition fees per year.
ITT Technical Institute-Springfield, which is located in Springfield, is the second-ranked school in Virginia that has a computer programming program. It received a ranking of 75th in the country in 2010. Students at ITT Technical Institute-Springfield paid $18,048 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Virginia that has a computer programming program is Skyline College. Skyline College, which was ranked 79th in the country in 2010, is located in Richmond. In 2010, Skyline College graduated 7 students from its computer programming programs. Skyline College charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Virginia's computer programming schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $15,321 per year, though tuition can range from $24,945 per year to $11,880 per year. In 2010, the computer programming schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Virginia were:
- Ferrum College - located in Ferrum, students are charged $24,945 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Richmond - located in Richmond, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Norfolk - located in Norfolk, students are charged $18,048 per year
The computer programming schools in Virginia that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- University of Phoenix-Northern Virginia Campus - located in Reston, students are charged $11,880 per year
- ECPI College of Technology - located in Virginia Beach, students are charged $13,550 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Chantilly - located in Chantilly, students are charged $18,048 per year
A computer programming degree from a Virginia school... what next?
The highest percentage of computer programming graduates in Virginia pursue careers as a computer programmer. 9,700 computer programmers were working in Virginia in 2010. The largest populations of Virginia computer programmers are working in the following counties:
- Caroline County - 1,410 computer programmers
- Chesapeake County - 1,310 computer programmers
- Albemarle County - 210 computer programmers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 12,350 computer programmers will be working in Virginia state. This would require the number of computer programmers to grow by 3%.
On average, computer programmers earn $76,960 per year. A computer programmer in the following Virginia counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Accomack County - $88,840 per year
- Albemarle County - $80,680 per year
- Caroline County - $74,460 per year
The following counties in Virginia have the lowest average salaries for computer programmers:
- Giles County - $45,770 per year
- Alleghany County - $51,920 per year
- Buchanan County - $52,290 per year
For more data regarding a career in computer programming in Virginia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as computer programming or computer science, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Programming in Virginia
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Programming in Virginia
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,462 miles from location||ECPI College of Technology||Virginia Beach||VA||25.6141||71%||12,194|
|5,674 miles from location||Ferrum College||Ferrum||VA||18.5349||28%||1,425|
|5,464 miles from location||ITT Technical Institute-Norfolk||Norfolk||VA||18.9467||100%||1,134|
|5,537 miles from location||ITT Technical Institute-Springfield||Springfield||VA||24.6249||100%||897|
|5,544 miles from location||ITT Technical Institute-Richmond||Richmond||VA||20.3606||100%||815|
|5,550 miles from location||ITT Technical Institute-Chantilly||Chantilly||VA||20.7899||100%||634|
|5,547 miles from location||University of Phoenix-Northern Virginia Campus||Reston||VA||5.74171||n/a||365|
|5,545 miles from location||Skyline College||Richmond||VA||20.8486||100%||205|
Curious what studying Computer Programming gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians +||350||$69,860||75.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer programming related jobs in Virginia