There are schools offering construction management certificates in Virginia!
Schools Offering Construction Management Programs in Virginia
- Construction Management Certificates in Delaware
- Construction Management Certificates in Pennsylvania
- Construction Management Certificates in Washington DC
- Construction Management Certificates in North Carolina
- Construction Management Certificates in Maryland
- Construction Management Certificates in West Virginia
- See All Schools in Virginia
Your Favorite Schools
Around 0.1% of Virginia's graduates graduate from construction management degree programs every year. That means an estimated 193 construction managers graduate from Virginia's 14 construction management schools each year.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, which is located in Blacksburg, is the top-ranked school in Virginia that has a construction management program. It received a ranking of 19th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University graduated 91 students from its construction management program. Students at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University paid $9,459 per year in tuition fees.
ITT Technical Institute-Springfield, which is located in Springfield, is the second-ranked school in Virginia that has a construction management program. It received a ranking of 75th in the country in 2010. In 2010, ITT Technical Institute-Springfield graduated 3 students from its construction management program. Tuition at ITT Technical Institute-Springfield was $18,048 per year.
Norfolk State University, which was ranked 75th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Virginia that has a construction management program. It is located in Norfolk. In 2010, Norfolk State University graduated 9 students from its construction management programs. Students at Norfolk State University paid $6,327 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Virginia's construction management schools ranges from $18,048 per year to $2,998 per year. But, the average tuition is $10,237 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Virginia construction management schools were charged at the following schools:
- ITT Technical Institute-Springfield - located in Springfield, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Chantilly - located in Chantilly, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Norfolk - located in Norfolk, students are charged $18,048 per year
The construction management schools in Virginia that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Northern Virginia Community College - located in Annandale, students are charged $2,998 per year
- Danville Community College - located in Danville, students are charged $3,030 per year
- John Tyler Community College - located in Chester, students are charged $3,080 per year
A construction management degree from a Virginia school... what next?
Most people who graduate from construction management school in Virginia go on to work as a construction manager. 5,970 construction managers were working in Virginia in 2010. The largest populations of Virginia construction managers are working in the following counties:
- Chesapeake County - 1,350 construction managers
- Caroline County - 1,000 construction managers
- Botetourt County - 190 construction managers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of construction managers in the state of Virginia will grow to 19,930. This would require a 16% growth in the profession.
A construction manager in Virginia earns $96,830 per year on average. But, salaries for construction managers can vary. In 2010, construction managers made as little as less than $36,050 per year or as much as more than $165,430 per year in Virginia. The counties in Virginia with the highest average salary for a construction manager are:
- Buchanan County - $92,940 per year
- Chesapeake County - $87,910 per year
- Caroline County - $87,550 per year
On average, construction managers earns the least in the following Virginia counties:
- Accomack County - $59,070 per year
- Harrisonburg County - $60,740 per year
- Giles County - $68,060 per year
For more data regarding a career in construction management in Virginia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business management or real estate, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Construction Management in Virginia
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management in Virginia
- Master's Degree in Construction Management in Virginia
- Certificate in Construction Management in Virginia
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,676 miles from location||ITT Technical Institute||Salem||VA||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|5,540 miles from location||Northern Virginia Community College||Annandale||VA||16.7061||n/a||46,619|
|5,698 miles from location||Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University||Blacksburg||VA||81.4386||36%||30,870|
|5,534 miles from location||John Tyler Community College||Chester||VA||10.9896||n/a||9,692|
|5,674 miles from location||Virginia Western Community College||Roanoke||VA||11.0937||n/a||8,927|
|5,467 miles from location||Norfolk State University||Norfolk||VA||22.114||36%||6,993|
|5,637 miles from location||Danville Community College||Danville||VA||16.1697||n/a||4,387|
|5,732 miles from location||Wytheville Community College||Wytheville||VA||16.345||n/a||3,783|
|5,464 miles from location||ITT Technical Institute-Norfolk||Norfolk||VA||18.9467||100%||1,134|
|5,537 miles from location||ITT Technical Institute-Springfield||Springfield||VA||24.6249||100%||897|
|5,544 miles from location||ITT Technical Institute-Richmond||Richmond||VA||20.3606||100%||815|
|5,550 miles from location||ITT Technical Institute-Chantilly||Chantilly||VA||20.7899||100%||634|
|5,538 miles from location||Westwood College-Annandale||Annandale||VA||4.71411||n/a||473|
|5,533 miles from location||Westwood College-Arlington Ballston||Arlington||VA||3.81435||n/a||473|
Curious what studying Construction Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Construction Laborers +||21,980||$26,760||-15.9%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers +||18,090||$58,690||-22.5%|
|Civil Engineers +||9,460||$82,340||29.2%|
|Construction Managers +||5,970||$96,830||9.7%|
|Construction and Building Inspectors +||3,020||$55,130||-10.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are construction management related jobs in Virginia