There are schools offering hospitality degrees in Virginia!
Schools Offering Hospitality Programs in Virginia
Your Favorite Schools
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, which was ranked 19th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Virginia that has a hospitality program. It is located in Blacksburg. In 2010, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University graduated 151 students from its hospitality program. Tuition at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University was $9,459 per year.
The second-ranked school in Virginia with a hospitality program is James Madison University, which is located in Harrisonburg. In 2010, it was ranked 20th nationwide. 44 students graduated with degree in hospitality from James Madison University in 2010. Tuition at James Madison University was $7,860 per year.
Virginia State University, which is located in Petersburg, is the third-ranked school in Virginia that has a hospitality program. It received a ranking of 48th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Virginia State University graduated 9 students from its hospitality programs. Students at Virginia State University paid $6,570 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Virginia's hospitality schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $7,153 per year, though tuition can range from $18,865 per year to $2,616 per year. In 2010, the hospitality schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Virginia were:
- Stratford University - located in Falls Church, students are charged $18,865 per year
- Southeast Culinary & Hospitality College - located in Bristol, students are charged $12,540 per year
- National College-Salem - located in Salem, students are charged $10,489 per year
The hospitality schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Virginia were:
- Southwest Virginia Community College - located in Richlands, students are charged $2,616 per year
- Dabney S Lancaster Community College - located in Clifton Forge, students are charged $2,842 per year
- Northern Virginia Community College - located in Annandale, students are charged $2,998 per year
A hospitality degree from a Virginia school... what next?
Restaurant manager, sous chef, dietary cook, line cook, and delicatessen cook are the professions of choice for a majority of hospitality graduates in Virginia. If you decide to work as a hospitality professional in Virginia, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 48,650 Virginia hospitality professional as of 2010. This number includes 700 hotel managers, 2,870 restaurant managers, and 2,390 sous chefs. The following counties have the largest number of Virginia hospitality professionals:
- Chesapeake County - 11,150 hospitality professionals
- Caroline County - 7,230 hospitality professionals
- Alleghany County - 2,150 hospitality professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of hospitality professionals in the state of Virginia will grow to 63,500. This would require a 10% growth in the field.
On average, hospitality professionals earn $35,509 per year. But, salaries for hospitality professional can vary. In 2010, hospitality professional made as little as less than $15,420 per year or as much as more than $90,530 per year in Virginia. On average hospitality professional earn the most in the following Virginia counties:
- Harrisonburg County - $38,923 per year
- Caroline County - $35,810 per year
- Chesapeake County - $34,726 per year
On average, hospitality professionals earn the least in the following Virginia counties:
- Accomack County - $19,315 per year
- Brunswick County - $24,206 per year
- Giles County - $25,914 per year
The hospitality professionals with highest average salaries in Virginia were:
- Hotel Manager - $57,450 per year
- Restaurant Manager - $57,160 per year
- Sous Chef - $46,660 per year
The hospitality professionals with lowest average salaries in Virginia were:
- Delicatessen Cook - $21,630 per year
- Pizza Maker - $18,220 per year
For more data regarding a career in hospitality in Virginia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as hospitality or culinary, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Hospitality in Virginia
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality in Virginia
- Master's Degree in Hospitality in Virginia
- Doctoral Degree in Hospitality in Virginia
- Certificate in Hospitality in Virginia
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,540 miles from location||Northern Virginia Community College||Annandale||VA||16.7061||n/a||46,619|
|5,543 miles from location||George Mason University||Fairfax||VA||38.2292||31%||32,067|
|5,698 miles from location||Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University||Blacksburg||VA||81.4386||36%||30,870|
|5,469 miles from location||Tidewater Community College||Norfolk||VA||13.232||n/a||30,447|
|5,624 miles from location||James Madison University||Harrisonburg||VA||79.9166||63%||18,971|
|5,541 miles from location||J Sargeant Reynolds Community College||Richmond||VA||10.8709||n/a||12,729|
|5,677 miles from location||National College-Salem||Salem||VA||21.647||n/a||6,691|
|5,534 miles from location||Virginia State University||Petersburg||VA||51.9898||30%||5,366|
|5,773 miles from location||Southwest Virginia Community College||Richlands||VA||12.9909||n/a||3,855|
|5,782 miles from location||Virginia Highlands Community College||Abingdon||VA||11.018||n/a||2,875|
|5,671 miles from location||Dabney S Lancaster Community College||Clifton Forge||VA||11.527||n/a||1,582|
|5,539 miles from location||Stratford University||Falls Church||VA||13.4471||n/a||1,342|
|5,791 miles from location||Southeast Culinary & Hospitality College||Bristol||VA||29.5139||n/a||76|
Curious what studying Hospitality gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Cooks, Restaurant +||25,540||$22,830||21.1%|
|Cooks, Fast Food +||7,280||$18,220||-51.7%|
|Cooks, Institution and Cafeteria +||7,120||$24,610||-10.1%|
|Food Service Managers +||2,870||$57,160||-26.8%|
|Cooks, Short Order +||2,750||$21,630||-39.2%|
|Chefs and Head Cooks +||2,390||$46,660||-7.4%|
|Lodging Managers +||700||$57,450||-7.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are hospitality related jobs in Virginia