There are schools offering mechanical engineering degrees in Virginia!
Schools Offering Mechanical Engineering Programs in Virginia
- Mechanical Engineering Degrees in Delaware
- Mechanical Engineering Degrees in Pennsylvania
- Mechanical Engineering Degrees in Washington DC
- Mechanical Engineering Degrees in North Carolina
- Mechanical Engineering Degrees in Maryland
- Mechanical Engineering Degrees in West Virginia
- See All Schools in Virginia
Your Favorite Schools
Around 0.3% of Virginia's graduates graduate from mechanical engineering degree programs every year. That means an estimated 635 mechanical engineers graduate from Virginia's 13 mechanical engineering schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Virginia with a mechanical engineering program is University of Virginia-Main Campus, which is located in Charlottesville. In 2010, it was ranked 10th nationwide. 64 students graduated with a degree in mechanical engineering from University of Virginia-Main Campus in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Virginia-Main Campus was $10,828 per year.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, which is located in Blacksburg, is the second-ranked school in Virginia that has a mechanical engineering program. It received a ranking of 19th in the country in 2010. 338 students graduated with degree in mechanical engineering from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in 2010. Students at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University paid $9,459 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Virginia with a mechanical engineering program is Virginia Military Institute, which is located in Lexington. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. In 2010, Virginia Military Institute graduated 35 students from its mechanical engineering programs. The tuition rate at Virginia Military Institute was $12,328 per year.
If you choose to attend a Virginia mechanical engineering school, average tuition will be $6,157 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,998 per year to $12,328 per year. In 2010, the mechanical engineering schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Virginia were:
- Virginia Military Institute - located in Lexington, students are charged $12,328 per year
- University of Virginia-Main Campus - located in Charlottesville, students are charged $10,828 per year
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University - located in Blacksburg, students are charged $9,459 per year
The mechanical engineering schools in Virginia that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Northern Virginia Community College - located in Annandale, students are charged $2,998 per year
- Danville Community College - located in Danville, students are charged $3,030 per year
- John Tyler Community College - located in Chester, students are charged $3,080 per year
A mechanical engineering degree from a Virginia school... what next?
Most people who graduate from mechanical engineering school in Virginia go on to work as a mechanical engineer. In 2010, there were 7,220 mechanical engineers working in Virginia. The following counties have the largest number of Virginia mechanical engineers:
- Chesapeake County - 1,890 mechanical engineers
- Caroline County - 990 mechanical engineers
- Accomack County - 320 mechanical engineers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 8,320 mechanical engineers will be working in Virginia state. This would require the number of mechanical engineers to grow by 7%.
On average, mechanical engineers earn $94,530 per year. But, salaries for mechanical engineers can vary. In 2010, mechanical engineers made as little as less than $33,470 per year or as much as more than $136,500 per year in Virginia. The following counties in Virginia have the highest average salaries for mechanical engineers:
- Accomack County - $102,330 per year
- Giles County - $89,440 per year
- Harrisonburg County - $86,760 per year
On average, mechanical engineers earns the least in the following Virginia counties:
- Buchanan County - $58,260 per year
- Danville County - $65,370 per year
- Albemarle County - $69,110 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Virginia statistics regarding a career in mechanical engineering and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as civil engineering or mechanical engineering.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Mechanical Engineering in Virginia
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering in Virginia
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering in Virginia
- Doctoral Degree in Mechanical Engineering in Virginia
- Certificate in Mechanical Engineering in Virginia
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,540 miles from location||Northern Virginia Community College||Annandale||VA||16.7061||n/a||46,619|
|5,539 miles from location||Virginia Commonwealth University||Richmond||VA||67.5826||36%||32,172|
|5,698 miles from location||Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University||Blacksburg||VA||81.4386||36%||30,870|
|5,601 miles from location||University of Virginia-Main Campus||Charlottesville||VA||89.7774||48%||24,355|
|5,470 miles from location||Old Dominion University||Norfolk||VA||32.4015||39%||24,013|
|5,478 miles from location||Thomas Nelson Community College||Hampton||VA||10.3208||n/a||10,606|
|5,534 miles from location||John Tyler Community College||Chester||VA||10.9896||n/a||9,692|
|5,674 miles from location||Virginia Western Community College||Roanoke||VA||11.0937||n/a||8,927|
|5,467 miles from location||Norfolk State University||Norfolk||VA||22.114||36%||6,993|
|5,534 miles from location||Virginia State University||Petersburg||VA||51.9898||30%||5,366|
|5,626 miles from location||Blue Ridge Community College||Weyers Cave||VA||12.3258||n/a||4,883|
|5,637 miles from location||Danville Community College||Danville||VA||16.1697||n/a||4,387|
|5,649 miles from location||Virginia Military Institute||Lexington||VA||69.4491||52%||1,500|
Curious what studying Mechanical Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Mechanical Engineers +||7,220||$94,530||4.5%|
|Engineers, All Other +||5,390||$100,740||24.2%|
|Engineering Technicians, Except Drafters, All Other +||3,030||$68,980||-3.2%|
|Mechanical Drafters +||2,430||$44,890|
|Mechanical Engineering Technicians +||1,320||$51,450||10.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are mechanical engineering related jobs in Virginia