There are schools offering nutrition degrees in Virginia!
Schools Offering Nutrition Programs in Virginia
Your Favorite Schools
The top-ranked school in Virginia with a nutrition program is Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, which is located in Blacksburg. In 2010, it was ranked 19th nationwide. In 2010, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University graduated 224 students from its nutrition program. The tuition rate at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University was $9,459 per year.
James Madison University, which is located in Harrisonburg, is the second-ranked school in Virginia that has a nutrition program. It received a ranking of 20th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 36 students graduated from James Madison University nutrition program. Tuition at James Madison University was $7,860 per year.
The third-ranked school in Virginia with a nutrition program is Virginia State University, which is located in Petersburg. In 2010, it was ranked 48th nationwide. 0 students graduated with degree in nutrition from Virginia State University in 2010. Virginia State University charged in-state students $6,570 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Virginia's nutrition schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $10,961 per year, though tuition can range from $25,500 per year to $6,570 per year. In 2010, the nutrition schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Virginia were:
- Bridgewater College - located in Bridgewater, students are charged $25,500 per year
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University - located in Blacksburg, students are charged $9,459 per year
- George Mason University - located in Fairfax, students are charged $8,684 per year
The following Virginia nutrition schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Virginia State University - located in Petersburg, students are charged $6,570 per year
- Radford University - located in Radford, students are charged $7,694 per year
- James Madison University - located in Harrisonburg, students are charged $7,860 per year
A nutrition degree from a Virginia school... what next?
A large number of Virginia nutrition graduates become nutritionists. If you decide to work as a nutritionist in Virginia, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,010 Virginia nutritionists as of 2010. In Virginia, the largest numbers of nutritionists work in the following counties:
- Caroline County - 200 nutritionists
- Chesapeake County - 200 nutritionists
- Botetourt County - 70 nutritionists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of nutritionists is expected to grow by 9% by 2018. There are projected to be 1,460 nutritionists working in the Virginia then.
On average, a nutritionist earns a salary of $53,490 per year in Virginia state. However, this number is only an average. nutritionists in Virginia had varying salaries from $23,440 to $79,890 per year in 2010. The following counties in Virginia have the highest average salaries for nutritionists:
- Buchanan County - $58,150 per year
- Caroline County - $55,930 per year
- Chesapeake County - $51,740 per year
A nutritionist in the following counties in Virginia make the lowest salaries on average:
- Albemarle County - $43,040 per year
- Botetourt County - $51,200 per year
- Chesapeake County - $51,740 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Virginia statistics regarding a career in nutrition and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse practitioning or healthcare.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition in Virginia
- Master's Degree in Nutrition in Virginia
- Doctoral Degree in Nutrition in Virginia
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,543 miles from location||George Mason University||Fairfax||VA||38.2292||31%||32,067|
|5,698 miles from location||Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University||Blacksburg||VA||81.4386||36%||30,870|
|5,624 miles from location||James Madison University||Harrisonburg||VA||79.9166||63%||18,971|
|5,704 miles from location||Radford University||Radford||VA||30.9064||33%||8,878|
|5,534 miles from location||Virginia State University||Petersburg||VA||51.9898||30%||5,366|
|5,628 miles from location||Bridgewater College||Bridgewater||VA||25.9461||18%||1,590|
Curious what studying Nutrition gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dietitians and Nutritionists +||1,010||$53,490||6.3%|
|Dietetic Technicians +||550||$26,430||-3.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nutrition related jobs in Virginia