There are schools offering public administration degrees in Virginia!
Schools Offering Public Administration Programs in Virginia
Your Favorite Schools
Each year, approximately 0.4% of Virginia graduates receive degrees in public administration. Thus, Virginia's 16 public administration schools put out approximately 682 public administration professionals each year.
The top-ranked school in Virginia with a public administration program is University of Virginia-Main Campus, which is located in Charlottesville. In 2010, it was ranked 10th nationwide. 29 students graduated with a degree in public administration from University of Virginia-Main Campus in 2010. University of Virginia-Main Campus charged in-state students $10,828 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Virginia with a public administration program is College of William and Mary, which is located in Williamsburg. In 2010, it was ranked 16th nationwide. In 2010, College of William and Mary graduated 42 students from its public administration program. College of William and Mary charged in-state students $12,188 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Virginia that has a public administration program is Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, which was ranked 19th in the country in 2010, is located in Blacksburg. In 2010, 66 students graduated from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University public administration program. Tuition at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University was $9,459 per year.
Tuition at Virginia's public administration schools ranges from $26,080 per year to $2,998 per year. But, the average tuition is $9,505 per year. The Virginia public administration schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Shenandoah University - located in Winchester, students are charged $26,080 per year
- Regent University - located in Virginia Beach, students are charged $12,330 per year
- College of William and Mary - located in Williamsburg, students are charged $12,188 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Virginia public administration schools were charged at the following schools:
- Northern Virginia Community College - located in Annandale, students are charged $2,998 per year
- Thomas Nelson Community College - located in Hampton, students are charged $3,262 per year
- J Sargeant Reynolds Community College - located in Richmond, students are charged $3,528 per year
A public administration degree from a Virginia school... what next?
public administration graduates in Virginia can go into a variety of professions such as chief executive officer, economic development specialist, and community development planner. In 2010, there were 8,990 public administration professional working in Virginia, including 750 legislators, 6,430 chief executive officers, and 450 economic development specialists. The following counties have the largest number of Virginia public administration professionals:
- Chesapeake County - 1,540 public administration professionals
- Caroline County - 1,270 public administration professionals
- Buchanan County - 370 public administration professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 12,240 public administration professionals will be working in Virginia. This would require the number of public administration professional to grow by 12%.
public administration professionals in Virginia earn $99,513 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Virginia public administration professional earned as little as less than $15,470 per year or as much as more than $158,570 per year. The counties in Virginia with the highest average salary for public administration professionals are:
- Frederick County - $177,060 per year
- Amherst County - $159,840 per year
- Harrisonburg County - $156,580 per year
The Virginia counties with the lowest average salary for public administration professionals are:
- Alleghany County - $64,507 per year
- Brunswick County - $68,765 per year
- Buchanan County - $69,010 per year
On average, the highest paid public administration professionals in Virginia were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $188,740 per year
- Economic Development Specialist - $116,400 per year
- Community Development Planner - $62,740 per year
On average, the lowest paid public administration professionals in Virginia were:
- Community Development Planner - $62,740 per year
- Legislator - $30,170 per year
For more data regarding a career in public administration in Virginia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as sociology or political science, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Public Administration in Virginia
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration in Virginia
- Master's Degree in Public Administration in Virginia
- Doctoral Degree in Public Administration in Virginia
- Certificate in Public Administration in Virginia
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,532 miles from location||Strayer Virginia||Arlington||VA||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|5,540 miles from location||Northern Virginia Community College||Annandale||VA||16.7061||n/a||46,619|
|5,539 miles from location||Virginia Commonwealth University||Richmond||VA||67.5826||36%||32,172|
|5,543 miles from location||George Mason University||Fairfax||VA||38.2292||31%||32,067|
|5,698 miles from location||Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University||Blacksburg||VA||81.4386||36%||30,870|
|5,601 miles from location||University of Virginia-Main Campus||Charlottesville||VA||89.7774||48%||24,355|
|5,470 miles from location||Old Dominion University||Norfolk||VA||32.4015||39%||24,013|
|5,624 miles from location||James Madison University||Harrisonburg||VA||79.9166||63%||18,971|
|5,541 miles from location||J Sargeant Reynolds Community College||Richmond||VA||10.8709||n/a||12,729|
|5,478 miles from location||Thomas Nelson Community College||Hampton||VA||10.3208||n/a||10,606|
|5,496 miles from location||College of William and Mary||Williamsburg||VA||84.4734||34%||7,874|
|5,534 miles from location||Virginia State University||Petersburg||VA||51.9898||30%||5,366|
|5,463 miles from location||Regent University||Virginia Beach||VA||10.8299||61%||4,656|
|5,592 miles from location||Shenandoah University||Winchester||VA||58.7782||36%||3,619|
|5,547 miles from location||University of Phoenix-Northern Virginia Campus||Reston||VA||5.74171||n/a||365|
|5,541 miles from location||University of Phoenix-Richmond Campus||Richmond||VA||1.66952||n/a||236|
Curious what studying Public Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Chief Executives +||6,430||$188,740||69.7%|
|Urban and Regional Planners +||1,360||$62,740||17.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are public administration related jobs in Virginia