There are schools offering sociology degrees in Virginia!
Schools Offering Sociology Programs in Virginia
University of Virginia-Main Campus, which was ranked 10th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Virginia that has a sociology program. It is located in Charlottesville. In 2010, 77 students graduated from University of Virginia-Main Campus' sociology program. Students at University of Virginia-Main Campus paid $10,828 per year in tuition fees.
College of William and Mary, which is located in Williamsburg, is the second-ranked school in Virginia that has a sociology program. It received a ranking of 16th in the country in 2010. 33 students graduated with degree in sociology from College of William and Mary in 2010. Students at College of William and Mary paid $12,188 per year in tuition fees.
Washington and Lee University, which is located in Lexington, is the third-ranked school in Virginia that has a sociology program. It received a ranking of 16th in the country in 2010. 8 students graduated with degree in sociology from Washington and Lee University in 2010. The tuition rate at Washington and Lee University was $40,387 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Virginia's sociology schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $18,724 per year, though tuition can range from $41,610 per year to $4,300 per year. In 2010, the sociology schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Virginia were:
- University of Richmond - located in University Of Richmond, students are charged $41,610 per year
- Washington and Lee University - located in Lexington, students are charged $40,387 per year
- Roanoke College - located in Salem, students are charged $31,214 per year
The following Virginia sociology schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Virginia University of Lynchburg - located in Lynchburg, students are charged $4,300 per year
- Old Dominion University - located in Norfolk, students are charged $6,214 per year
- Norfolk State University - located in Norfolk, students are charged $6,327 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Virginia statistics regarding a career in sociology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as forensic psychology or school psychology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sociology in Virginia
- Master's Degree in Sociology in Virginia
- Doctoral Degree in Sociology in Virginia
Curious what studying Sociology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Sociology Teachers, Postsecondary||420||$60,800||44.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sociology related jobs in Virginia