There are schools offering design programs in Washington DC!
Schools Offering Design Programs in Washington DC
The top-ranked school in Washington DC with a design program is George Washington University, which is located in Washington. In 2010, it was ranked 17th nationwide. 32 students graduated with a degree in design from George Washington University in 2010. George Washington University charged in-state students $42,905 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Washington DC that has a design program is American University. American University, which was ranked 23rd in the country in 2010, is located in Washington. In 2010, American University graduated 19 students from its design program. Tuition at American University was $36,697 per year.
Howard University, which is located in Washington, is the third-ranked school in Washington DC that has a design program. It received a ranking of 30th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Howard University graduated 5 students from its design programs. Howard University charged in-state students $18,120 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Washington DC's design schools ranges from $42,905 per year to $7,000 per year. But, the average tuition is $22,430 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Washington DC design schools were charged at the following schools:
- George Washington University - located in Washington, students are charged $42,905 per year
- American University - located in Washington, students are charged $36,697 per year
- Corcoran College of Art and Design - located in Washington, students are charged $29,180 per year
The design schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Washington DC were:
- University of the District of Columbia - located in Washington, students are charged $7,000 per year
- Gallaudet University - located in Washington, students are charged $11,226 per year
- University of Phoenix-Washington DC Campus - located in Washington, students are charged $11,880 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Washington DC statistics regarding a career in design and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as fashion design or drafting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Design in Washington DC
- Bachelor's Degree in Design in Washington DC
- Master's Degree in Design in Washington DC
Curious what studying Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington DC
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Set and Exhibit Designers||150||$62,040||15.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are design related jobs in Washington DC