There are schools offering law programs in Washington DC!
Schools Offering Law Programs in Washington DC
George Washington University, which is located in Washington, is the top-ranked school in Washington DC that has a law program. It received a ranking of 17th in the country in 2010. 856 students graduated with a degree in law from George Washington University in 2010. Students at George Washington University paid $42,905 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Washington DC that has a law program is American University. American University, which was ranked 23rd in the country in 2010, is located in Washington. In 2010, 608 students graduated from American University law program. The tuition rate at American University was $36,697 per year.
Howard University, which was ranked 23rd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Washington DC that has a law program. It is located in Washington. 159 students graduated with degree in law from Howard University in 2010. Howard University charged in-state students $18,120 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Washington DC law school, average tuition will be $26,671 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $7,000 per year to $42,905 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Washington DC law schools were charged at the following schools:
- George Washington University - located in Washington, students are charged $42,905 per year
- Georgetown University - located in Washington, students are charged $40,203 per year
- American University - located in Washington, students are charged $36,697 per year
The following Washington DC law schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- University of the District of Columbia - located in Washington, students are charged $7,000 per year
- Strayer University-District of Columbia - located in Washington, students are charged $14,085 per year
- Howard University - located in Washington, students are charged $18,120 per year
A law degree from a Washington DC school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs law graduates in Washington DC pursue include law clerk, police officer, paralegal, police detective, and legal assistant. 40,830 law professionals were working in Washington DC in 2010. Of these, 28,390 were lawyers. In addition, 310 were law clerks, and were police officers. The Washington DC counties with the largest populations of law professional are:
- County - 73,830 law professionals
On average, law professionals earn a salary of $83,439 per year in Washington DC state. In 2010, however, some Washington DC law professional earned as little as less than $32,480 per year or as much as more than $149,040 per year. On average law professional earn the most in the following Washington DC counties:
- County - $80,583 per year
The law professionals with highest average salaries in Washington DC were:
- Lawyer - $162,830 per year
- Police Detective - $107,150 per year
- Police Officer - $67,560 per year
The law professionals with lowest average salaries in Washington DC were:
- Legal Assistant - $60,750 per year
- Probation Officer - $54,280 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Washington DC statistics regarding a career in law. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic accounting or public administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Law in Washington DC
- Bachelor's Degree in Law in Washington DC
- Master's Degree in Law in Washington DC
- Doctoral Degree in Law in Washington DC
Curious what studying Law gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington DC
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Detectives and Criminal Investigators||n/a||$107,150|
|Police and Sheriff's Patrol Officers||n/a||$67,560|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||6,350||$65,740||2.9%|
|Judicial Law Clerks||310||$65,760|
|Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists||120||$54,280|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are law related jobs in Washington DC