There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Washington State!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Washington State
Approximately 0.6% of graduates in of Washington State receive administrative assisting certificates every year. That means an estimated 991 administrative assistants graduate from Washington State's 35 administrative assistant schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Washington State with a administrative assistant program is Central Washington University, which is located in Ellensburg. In 2010, it was ranked 68th nationwide. 37 students graduated with a certificate in administrative assistant from Central Washington University in 2010. Students at Central Washington University paid $7,110 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Washington State with a administrative assistant program is Interface College-Spokane, which is located in Spokane. In 2010, it was ranked 69th nationwide. In 2010, 20 students graduated from Interface College-Spokane administrative assistant program.
The third-ranked school in Washington State with a administrative assistant program is Everest College-Vancouver, which is located in Vancouver. In 2010, it was ranked 75th nationwide. 30 students graduated with certificate in administrative assistant from Everest College-Vancouver in 2010. Students at Everest College-Vancouver paid $15,771 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Washington State's administrative assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,685 per year, though tuition can range from $15,771 per year to $2,610 per year. In 2010, the administrative assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Washington State were:
- Everest College-Vancouver - located in Vancouver, students are charged $15,771 per year
- Central Washington University - located in Ellensburg, students are charged $7,110 per year
- Bates Technical College - located in Tacoma, students are charged $5,111 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Washington State administrative assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Spokane Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Spokane Falls Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Renton Technical College - located in Renton, students are charged $2,785 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a Washington State school... what next?
Most people who graduate from administrative assistant school in Washington State go on to work as an administrative assistant. Washington State had 15,760 administrative assistants in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Washington State administrative assistants:
- King County - 9,090 administrative assistants
- Thurston County - 1,510 administrative assistants
- Pierce County - 1,230 administrative assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 22,420 administrative assistants will be working in Washington State state. This would require the number of administrative assistants to grow by 8%.
An administrative assistant in Washington State earns $49,440 per year on average. But, salaries for administrative assistants can vary. In 2010, administrative assistants made as little as less than $29,310 per year or as much as more than $72,520 per year in Washington State. The following counties in Washington State have the highest average salaries for administrative assistants:
- King County - $51,150 per year
- Thurston County - $50,810 per year
- Benton County - $49,470 per year
An administrative assistant in the following counties in Washington State make the lowest salaries on average:
- Grays Harbor County - $42,980 per year
- Yakima County - $43,020 per year
- Clallam County - $43,330 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Washington State statistics regarding a career in administrative assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Washington State
- Bachelor's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Washington State
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Washington State
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Office Clerks, General||48,160||$30,860||-21.6%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||31,100||$36,090||23.2%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||15,760||$49,440||-5.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Washington State