There are schools offering carpentry programs in Washington State!
Schools Offering Carpentry Programs in Washington State
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Washington State students graduate with certificates in carpentry. In other words, every year an estimated 189 carpenters graduate from Washington State's 9 carpentry schools.
The top-ranked school in Washington State with a carpentry program is Edmonds Community College, which is located in Lynnwood. In 2010, it was ranked 82nd nationwide. In 2010, Edmonds Community College graduated 11 students from its carpentry program. The tuition rate at Edmonds Community College was $3,566 per year.
Walla Walla Community College, which was ranked 83rd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Washington State that has a carpentry program. It is located in Walla Walla. In 2010, Walla Walla Community College graduated 23 students from its carpentry program. Tuition at Walla Walla Community College was $3,390 per year.
Green River Community College, which was ranked 83rd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Washington State that has a carpentry program. It is located in Auburn. In 2010, 84 students graduated from Green River Community College carpentry program. Tuition at Green River Community College was $3,228 per year.
Carpentry schools in Washington State, charge students an average tuition of $3,434 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $5,111 per year, or as little as $2,610 per year. In 2010, the carpentry schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Washington State were:
- Bates Technical College - located in Tacoma, students are charged $5,111 per year
- Edmonds Community College - located in Lynnwood, students are charged $3,566 per year
- Walla Walla Community College - located in Walla Walla, students are charged $3,390 per year
The carpentry schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Washington State were:
- Spokane Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Grays Harbor College - located in Aberdeen, students are charged $3,105 per year
- Green River Community College - located in Auburn, students are charged $3,228 per year
A carpentry certificate from a Washington State school... what next?
The highest percentage of carpentry graduates in Washington State pursue careers as a carpenter. If you decide to work as a carpenter in Washington State, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 21,610 Washington State carpenters as of 2010. The largest populations of Washington State carpenters are working in the following counties:
- King County - 10,340 carpenters
- Pierce County - 2,250 carpenters
- Spokane County - 1,280 carpenters
The government projects that by 2018, the number of carpenters in the state of Washington State will shrink to 47,990. This would require a -8% decline in the profession.
A carpenter in Washington State earns $49,500 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. carpenters in Washington State had varying salaries from $20,080 to $91,910 per year in 2010. The counties in Washington State with the highest average salary for a carpenter are:
- Whatcom County - $55,160 per year
- Cowlitz County - $54,940 per year
- Pierce County - $53,310 per year
The following counties in Washington State have the lowest average salaries for carpenters:
- Columbia County - $34,480 per year
- Adams County - $35,510 per year
- Grays Harbor County - $38,150 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Washington State statistics regarding a career in carpentry and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as locksmithing or plumbing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Carpentry in Washington State
- Certificate in Carpentry in Washington State
Curious what studying Carpentry gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters||2,460||$34,160||-15.8%|
|Woodworkers, All Other||630||$32,860||-24.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are carpentry related jobs in Washington State