There are schools offering cosmetology programs in Washington State!
Schools Offering Cosmetology Programs in Washington State
The top-ranked school in Washington State that has a cosmetology program is Yakima Beauty School Beautyworks. Yakima Beauty School Beautyworks, which was ranked 58th in the country in 2010, is located in Yakima. In 2010, 48 students graduated from Yakima Beauty School Beautyworks' cosmetology program.
The second-ranked school in Washington State with a cosmetology program is Evergreen Beauty and Barber College, which is located in Everett. In 2010, it was ranked 60th nationwide. In 2010, 102 students graduated from Evergreen Beauty and Barber College cosmetology program.
Paroba College of Cosmetology, which is located in Everett, is the third-ranked school in Washington State that has a cosmetology program. It received a ranking of 64th in the country in 2010. 62 students graduated with certificate in cosmetology from Paroba College of Cosmetology in 2010. The tuition rate at Paroba College of Cosmetology was $0 per year.
Cosmetology schools in Washington State, charge students an average tuition of $1,203 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $5,111 per year, or as little as $2,610 per year. In 2010, the following Washington State cosmetology schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Bates Technical College - located in Tacoma, students are charged $5,111 per year
- Clover Park Technical College - located in Lakewood, students are charged $4,419 per year
- Seattle Vocational Institute - located in Seattle, students are charged $3,633 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Washington State cosmetology schools were charged at the following schools:
- Spokane Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Olympic College - located in Bremerton, students are charged $3,006 per year
- Shoreline Community College - located in Seattle, students are charged $3,098 per year
A cosmetology certificate from a Washington State school... what next?
The highest percentage of cosmetology graduates in Washington State pursue careers as a cosmetologist. If you decide to work as a cosmetologist in Washington State, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 8,840 Washington State cosmetologists as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Washington State cosmetologists:
- King County - 5,290 cosmetologists
- Pierce County - 920 cosmetologists
- Spokane County - 350 cosmetologists
The government projects that the number of cosmetologists in Washington State will grow by 3%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 17,320 cosmetologists working in Washington State.
On average, cosmetologists earn $33,680 per year. However, Washington State cosmetologists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $18,050 per year to more than $67,970 per year in 2010. A cosmetologist in the following Washington State counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- King County - $37,210 per year
- Adams County - $36,650 per year
- Spokane County - $34,810 per year
The following counties in Washington State have the lowest average salaries for cosmetologists:
- Skagit County - $21,040 per year
- Chelan County - $21,780 per year
- Thurston County - $23,260 per year
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Cosmetology in Washington State
- Certificate in Cosmetology in Washington State
Curious what studying Cosmetology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||8,840||$33,680||13.6%|
|Manicurists and Pedicurists||1,230||$25,120||108.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are cosmetology related jobs in Washington State