There are schools offering electrical engineering degrees in Washington State!
Schools Offering Electrical Engineering Programs in Washington State
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Washington State receive electrical engineering degrees every year. Thus, Washington State's 19 electrical engineering schools put out approximately 244 electrical engineers each year.
Western Washington University, which is located in Bellingham, is the top-ranked school in Washington State that has a electrical engineering program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 14 students graduated from Western Washington University's electrical engineering program. Tuition at Western Washington University was $6,858 per year.
The second-ranked school in Washington State with a electrical engineering program is Alpine College, which is located in Spokane. In 2010, it was ranked 66th nationwide.
Central Washington University, which is located in Ellensburg, is the third-ranked school in Washington State that has a electrical engineering program. It received a ranking of 68th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Central Washington University graduated 6 students from its electrical engineering programs. Students at Central Washington University paid $7,110 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Washington State's electrical engineering schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,492 per year, though tuition can range from $18,048 per year to $2,610 per year. In 2010, the electrical engineering schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Washington State were:
- ITT Technical Institute-Seattle - located in Seattle, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Everett - located in Everett, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Spokane Valley - located in Spokane, students are charged $18,048 per year
The electrical engineering schools in Washington State that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Spokane Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Olympic College - located in Bremerton, students are charged $3,006 per year
- Clark College - located in Vancouver, students are charged $3,008 per year
An electrical engineering degree from a Washington State school... what next?
The highest percentage of electrical engineering graduates in Washington State pursue careers as an electrical engineer. Washington State had 4,230 electrical engineers in 2010. The largest populations of Washington State electrical engineers are working in the following counties:
- King County - 2,620 electrical engineers
- Benton County - 260 electrical engineers
- Pierce County - 230 electrical engineers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of electrical engineers is expected to grow by 6% by 2018. There are projected to be 4,320 electrical engineers working in the Washington State then.
An electrical engineer in Washington State makes an average of $88,840 per year. In 2010, however, some Washington State electrical engineers earned as little as less than $53,100 per year or as much as more than $153,690 per year. The counties in Washington State with the highest average salary for an electrical engineer are:
- Thurston County - $99,790 per year
- Yakima County - $95,420 per year
- Pierce County - $92,770 per year
On average, electrical engineers earns the least in the following Washington State counties:
- Kitsap County - $77,960 per year
- Spokane County - $80,750 per year
- Whatcom County - $85,920 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Washington State statistics regarding a career in electrical engineering and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as electrical engineering or civil engineering.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Washington State
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Washington State
- Certificate in Electrical Engineering in Washington State
Curious what studying Electrical Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||2,670||$58,130||-16.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrical engineering related jobs in Washington State