There are schools offering fashion programs in Washington State!
Schools Offering Fashion Programs in Washington State
Your Favorite Schools
Central Washington University, which is located in Ellensburg, is the top-ranked school in Washington State that has a fashion program. It received a ranking of 68th in the country in 2010. 12 students graduated with a degree in fashion from Central Washington University in 2010. Central Washington University charged in-state students $7,110 in tuition fees per year.
The Art Institute of Seattle, which was ranked 75th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Washington State that has a fashion program. It is located in Seattle. In 2010, The Art Institute of Seattle graduated 56 students from its fashion program. Students at The Art Institute of Seattle paid $17,560 per year in tuition fees.
Edmonds Community College, which is located in Lynnwood, is the third-ranked school in Washington State that has a fashion program. It received a ranking of 82nd in the country in 2010. The tuition rate at Edmonds Community College was $3,566 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Washington State's fashion schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,804 per year, though tuition can range from $17,560 per year to $2,610 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Washington State fashion schools were charged at the following schools:
- The Art Institute of Seattle - located in Seattle, students are charged $17,560 per year
- International Academy of Design and Technology - located in Seattle, students are charged $13,935 per year
- Central Washington University - located in Ellensburg, students are charged $7,110 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Washington State fashion schools were charged at the following schools:
- Spokane Falls Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Shoreline Community College - located in Seattle, students are charged $3,098 per year
- Pierce College at Fort Steilacoom - located in Lakewood, students are charged $3,273 per year
A fashion degree from a Washington State school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs fashion graduates in Washington State pursue include marketing manager, merchadiser, fashion magazine editor, photographer, and sales associate. Washington State had 103,070 fashion professionals in 2010. 210 of these fashion professionals were fashion designers, 5,990 were marketing managers, and 2,430 were merchadisers. The following counties have the largest number of Washington State fashion professionals:
- King County - 53,720 fashion professionals
- Pierce County - 9,190 fashion professionals
- Spokane County - 7,400 fashion professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 120,130 fashion professionals will be working in Washington State. This would require the number of fashion professional to grow by 7%.
On average, fashion professionals earn $57,256 per year. However, Washington State fashion professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $18,430 per year to more than $161,410 per year in 2010. The following counties in Washington State have the highest average salaries for fashion professionals:
- Cowlitz County - $70,800 per year
- King County - $69,037 per year
- Benton County - $60,270 per year
Fashion professionals in the following counties in Washington State make the lowest salaries on average:
- Chelan County - $25,110 per year
- Adams County - $31,220 per year
- Clallam County - $34,010 per year
On average, the highest paid fashion professionals in Washington State were:
- Marketing Manager - $126,360 per year
- Fashion Designer - $69,700 per year
- Fashion Magazine Editor - $66,930 per year
On average, the lowest paid fashion professionals in Washington State were:
- Knitter - $31,680 per year
- Sales Associate - $27,540 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Washington State statistics regarding a career in fashion and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as fashion or fashion design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Fashion in Washington State
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion in Washington State
- Certificate in Fashion in Washington State
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|7,628 miles from location||Central Washington University||Ellensburg||WA||31.9043||40%||11,357|
|7,680 miles from location||Edmonds Community College||Lynnwood||WA||17.534||n/a||9,658|
|7,477 miles from location||Spokane Falls Community College||Spokane||WA||12.1295||n/a||9,555|
|7,710 miles from location||Pierce College at Fort Steilacoom||Lakewood||WA||12.9816||n/a||8,188|
|7,686 miles from location||Seattle Community College-Central Campus||Seattle||WA||14.0982||n/a||7,774|
|7,684 miles from location||Shoreline Community College||Seattle||WA||13.8462||n/a||6,277|
|7,687 miles from location||The Art Institute of Seattle||Seattle||WA||25.2395||97%||2,282|
|7,688 miles from location||International Academy of Design and Technology||Seattle||WA||4.60065||n/a||482|
Curious what studying Fashion gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Retail Salespersons +||91,070||$27,540||7.1%|
|Marketing Managers +||5,990||$126,360||154.9%|
|Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products +||2,430||$58,960||-22.4%|
|Fashion Designers +||210||$69,700||10.5%|
|Fabric and Apparel Patternmakers +||80||$34,400||60.0%|
|Textile Knitting and Weaving Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders +||30||$31,680||-81.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are fashion related jobs in Washington State