There are schools offering hospitality degrees in Washington State!
Schools Offering Hospitality Programs in Washington State
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Washington State graduates receive degrees in hospitality. In other words, every year an estimated 200 hospitality professionals graduate from Washington State's 10 hospitality schools.
The top-ranked school in Washington State that has a hospitality program is Washington State University. Washington State University, which was ranked 27th in the country in 2010, is located in Pullman. 75 students graduated with a degree in hospitality from Washington State University in 2010. Students at Washington State University paid $9,489 per year in tuition fees.
International Air and Hospitality Academy, which was ranked 61st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Washington State that has a hospitality program. It is located in Vancouver. In 2010, 18 students graduated from International Air and Hospitality Academy hospitality program.
Central Washington University, which was ranked 61st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Washington State that has a hospitality program. It is located in Ellensburg. 33 students graduated with degree in hospitality from Central Washington University in 2010. Tuition at Central Washington University was $7,110 per year.
If you choose to attend a Washington State hospitality school, average tuition will be $3,981 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,098 per year to $9,489 per year. In 2010, the following Washington State hospitality schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Washington State University - located in Pullman, students are charged $9,489 per year
- Central Washington University - located in Ellensburg, students are charged $7,110 per year
- Northwest Indian College - located in Bellingham, students are charged $3,720 per year
The hospitality schools in Washington State that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Shoreline Community College - located in Seattle, students are charged $3,098 per year
- Wenatchee Valley College - located in Wenatchee, students are charged $3,099 per year
- Highline Community College - located in Seattle, students are charged $3,135 per year
A hospitality degree from a Washington State school... what next?
Many Washington State hospitality graduates become a restaurant manager, sous chef, dietary cook, line cook, and delicatessen cook. Washington State had 39,400 hospitality professionals in 2010. 400 of these hospitality professionals were hotel managers, were restaurant managers, and 2,150 were sous chefs. The Washington State counties with the largest populations of hospitality professional are:
- King County - 17,780 hospitality professionals
- Pierce County - 3,040 hospitality professionals
- Spokane County - 2,640 hospitality professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 53,040 hospitality professionals will be working in Washington State. This would require the number of hospitality professional to grow by 10%.
hospitality professionals in Washington State earn $40,159 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. Hospitality professional in Washington State had varying salaries from $17,990 to $110,560 per year in 2010. The following counties in Washington State have the highest average salaries for hospitality professionals:
- King County - $42,796 per year
- Pierce County - $39,981 per year
- Columbia County - $37,188 per year
The Washington State counties with the lowest average salary for hospitality professionals are:
- Cowlitz County - $22,927 per year
- Chelan County - $26,770 per year
- Clallam County - $26,990 per year
The hospitality professionals with highest average salaries in Washington State were:
- Hotel Manager - $71,260 per year
- Restaurant Manager - $67,900 per year
- Sous Chef - $42,490 per year
The hospitality professionals with lowest average salaries in Washington State were:
- Delicatessen Cook - $24,180 per year
- Pizza Maker - $20,220 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Washington State statistics regarding a career in hospitality. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as hospitality or culinary.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Hospitality in Washington State
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality in Washington State
- Certificate in Hospitality in Washington State
Curious what studying Hospitality gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Food Service Managers||n/a||$67,900|
|Cooks, Institution and Cafeteria||7,240||$29,320||22.7%|
|Cooks, Fast Food||5,020||$20,220||-33.1%|
|Chefs and Head Cooks||2,150||$42,490||18.1%|
|Cooks, Short Order||1,990||$24,180||-8.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are hospitality related jobs in Washington State