There are schools offering massage therapy programs in Washington State!
Schools Offering Massage Therapy Programs in Washington State
Approximately 0.4% of graduates in of Washington State receive massage therapy certificates every year. Thus, Washington State's 12 massage therapy schools put out approximately 694 massage therapists each year.
The top-ranked school in Washington State with a massage therapy program is Everest College-Seattle, which is located in Seattle. In 2010, it was ranked 67th nationwide. 107 students graduated with a certificate in massage therapy from Everest College-Seattle in 2010.
Everest College-Bremerton, which was ranked 71st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Washington State that has a massage therapy program. It is located in Bremerton. In 2010, 67 students graduated from Everest College-Bremerton massage therapy program. The tuition rate at Everest College-Bremerton was $15,135 per year.
The third-ranked school in Washington State with a massage therapy program is Everest College-Vancouver Campus, which is located in Vancouver. In 2010, it was ranked 71st nationwide. In 2010, Everest College-Vancouver Campus graduated 128 students from its massage therapy programs. Students at Everest College-Vancouver Campus paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
Massage therapy schools in Washington State, charge students an average tuition of $3,963 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $15,135 per year, or as little as $2,610 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Washington State massage therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- Everest College-Bremerton - located in Bremerton, students are charged $15,135 per year
- Inland Massage Institute - located in Spokane, students are charged $8,875 per year
- Clover Park Technical College - located in Lakewood, students are charged $4,419 per year
The following Washington State massage therapy schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Spokane Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Renton Technical College - located in Renton, students are charged $2,785 per year
- Lake Washington Technical College - located in Kirkland, students are charged $3,108 per year
A massage therapy certificate from a Washington State school... what next?
Most people who graduate from massage therapy school in Washington State go on to work as a massage therapist. If you decide to work as a massage therapist in Washington State, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 2,810 Washington State massage therapists as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Washington State massage therapists:
- King County - 1,320 massage therapists
- Spokane County - 290 massage therapists
- Pierce County - 270 massage therapists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of massage therapists in the state of Washington State will grow to 8,290. This would require a 31% growth in the profession.
A massage therapist in Washington State makes an average of $54,770 per year. However, this number is only an average. massage therapists in Washington State had varying salaries from $18,280 to $84,550 per year in 2010. On average a massage therapist earns the most in the following Washington State counties:
- Whatcom County - $61,600 per year
- King County - $57,510 per year
- Kitsap County - $56,960 per year
A massage therapist in the following counties in Washington State make the lowest salaries on average:
- Chelan County - $41,590 per year
- Pierce County - $47,170 per year
- Adams County - $47,700 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Washington State statistics regarding a career in massage therapy and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as hospitality or sports medicine.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Massage Therapy in Washington State
- Certificate in Massage Therapy in Washington State
Curious what studying Massage Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are massage therapy related jobs in Washington State