There are schools offering medical billing programs in Washington State!
Schools Offering Medical Billing Programs in Washington State
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Washington State students graduate with certificates in medical billing. That means an estimated 224 medical billers graduate from Washington State's 6 medical billing schools each year.
Everest College-Everett, which is located in Everett, is the top-ranked school in Washington State that has a medical billing program. It received a ranking of 67th in the country in 2010. 82 students graduated with a certificate in medical billing from Everest College-Everett in 2010. Everest College-Everett charged in-state students $12,893 in tuition fees per year.
Everest College-Tacoma, which was ranked 71st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Washington State that has a medical billing program. It is located in Tacoma. In 2010, 59 students graduated from Everest College-Tacoma medical billing program. Students at Everest College-Tacoma paid $15,661 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Washington State with a medical billing program is Everest College-Bremerton, which is located in Bremerton. In 2010, it was ranked 71st nationwide. 33 students graduated with certificate in medical billing from Everest College-Bremerton in 2010. Students at Everest College-Bremerton paid $15,135 per year in tuition fees.
Medical billing schools in Washington State, charge students an average tuition of $8,824 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $15,661 per year, or as little as $3,019 per year. In 2010, the medical billing schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Washington State were:
- Everest College-Tacoma - located in Tacoma, students are charged $15,661 per year
- Everest College-Bremerton - located in Bremerton, students are charged $15,135 per year
- Everest College-Everett - located in Everett, students are charged $12,893 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Washington State medical billing schools were charged at the following schools:
- Tacoma Community College - located in Tacoma, students are charged $3,019 per year
- Shoreline Community College - located in Seattle, students are charged $3,098 per year
- Highline Community College - located in Seattle, students are charged $3,135 per year
A medical billing certificate from a Washington State school... what next?
Most people who graduate from medical billing school in Washington State go on to work as a medical biller. Washington State had 11,150 medical billers in 2010. In Washington State, the largest numbers of medical billers work in the following counties:
- King County - 4,580 medical billers
- Pierce County - 1,510 medical billers
- Spokane County - 1,330 medical billers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of medical billers in the state of Washington State will grow to 13,940. This would require a 17% growth in the profession.
A medical biller in Washington State makes an average of $35,300 per year. But, salaries for medical billers can vary. In 2010, medical billers made as little as less than $18,820 per year or as much as more than $49,950 per year in Washington State. A medical biller in the following Washington State counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- King County - $38,830 per year
- Thurston County - $35,810 per year
- Clallam County - $34,290 per year
A medical biller in the following counties in Washington State make the lowest salaries on average:
- Grays Harbor County - $29,390 per year
- Columbia County - $29,970 per year
- Adams County - $31,000 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Washington State statistics regarding a career in medical billing. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as health information management or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Medical Billing in Washington State
Curious what studying Medical Billing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||11,150||$35,300||-5.3%|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||4,920||$37,630||1.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical billing related jobs in Washington State