There are schools offering paralegal programs in Washington State!
Schools Offering Paralegal Studies Programs in Washington State
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Washington State students graduate with degrees in paralegal studies. That means an estimated 260 paralegals graduate from Washington State's 15 paralegal schools each year.
Perry Technical Institute, which is located in Yakima, is the top-ranked school in Washington State that has a paralegal program. It received a ranking of 62nd in the country in 2010. no students graduated with a degree in paralegal from Perry Technical Institute in 2010.
Everest College-Vancouver, which was ranked 75th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Washington State that has a paralegal program. It is located in Vancouver. In 2010, Everest College-Vancouver graduated 9 students from its paralegal program. Students at Everest College-Vancouver paid $15,771 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Washington State with a paralegal program is ITT Technical Institute-Spokane Valley, which is located in Spokane. In 2010, it was ranked 77th nationwide. ITT Technical Institute-Spokane Valley charged in-state students $18,048 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Washington State's paralegal schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,796 per year, though tuition can range from $18,048 per year to $2,610 per year. The Washington State paralegal schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- ITT Technical Institute-Seattle - located in Seattle, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Everett - located in Everett, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Spokane Valley - located in Spokane, students are charged $18,048 per year
The paralegal schools in Washington State that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Spokane Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Clark College - located in Vancouver, students are charged $3,008 per year
- Tacoma Community College - located in Tacoma, students are charged $3,019 per year
A paralegal degree from a Washington State school... what next?
The highest percentage of paralegal graduates in Washington State pursue careers as a paralegal. Washington State had 6,180 paralegals in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Washington State paralegals:
- King County - 3,810 paralegals
- Pierce County - 620 paralegals
- Spokane County - 420 paralegals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 7,860 paralegals will be working in Washington State state. This would require the number of paralegals to grow by 17%.
On average, a paralegal earns a salary of $49,710 per year in Washington State state. However, Washington State paralegals earned anywhere in the range from as less than $27,180 per year to more than $77,340 per year in 2010. On average a paralegal earns the most in the following Washington State counties:
- King County - $52,770 per year
- Thurston County - $49,550 per year
- Pierce County - $48,600 per year
On average, paralegals earns the least in the following Washington State counties:
- Whatcom County - $40,210 per year
- Columbia County - $41,730 per year
- Yakima County - $42,180 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Washington State statistics regarding a career in paralegal studies and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as homeland security or paralegal.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Washington State
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies in Washington State
Curious what studying Paralegal gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||6,180||$49,710||25.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paralegal related jobs in Washington State