There are schools offering surgical technologist programs in Washington State!
Schools Offering Surgical Technology Programs in Washington State
Around 0.1% of Washington State's graduates graduate from surgical technology certificate programs every year. That means an estimated 123 surgical technologists graduate from Washington State's 9 surgical technologist schools each year.
Alpine College, which is located in Spokane, is the top-ranked school in Washington State that has a surgical technologist program. It received a ranking of 66th in the country in 2010. 20 students graduated with a certificate in surgical technologist from Alpine College in 2010.
The second-ranked school in Washington State that has a surgical technologist program is Bellingham Technical College. Bellingham Technical College, which was ranked 76th in the country in 2010, is located in Bellingham. In 2010, Bellingham Technical College graduated 5 students from its surgical technologist program. The tuition rate at Bellingham Technical College was $3,745 per year.
The third-ranked school in Washington State that has a surgical technologist program is Renton Technical College. Renton Technical College, which was ranked 78th in the country in 2010, is located in Renton. 38 students graduated with certificate in surgical technologist from Renton Technical College in 2010. Students at Renton Technical College paid $2,785 per year in tuition fees.
Surgical technologist schools in Washington State, charge students an average tuition of $2,985 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $4,419 per year, or as little as $2,610 per year. The Washington State surgical technologist schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Clover Park Technical College - located in Lakewood, students are charged $4,419 per year
- Bellingham Technical College - located in Bellingham, students are charged $3,745 per year
- Yakima Valley Community College - located in Yakima, students are charged $3,442 per year
The surgical technologist schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Washington State were:
- Spokane Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Renton Technical College - located in Renton, students are charged $2,785 per year
- Centralia College - located in Centralia, students are charged $3,207 per year
A surgical technologist certificate from a Washington State school... what next?
Most people who graduate from surgical technologist school in Washington State go on to work as a surgical technologist. 1,810 surgical technologists were working in Washington State in 2010. The Washington State counties with the largest populations of surgical technologists are:
- King County - 830 surgical technologists
- Spokane County - 280 surgical technologists
- Pierce County - 120 surgical technologists
The government projects that the number of surgical technologists in Washington State will grow by 31%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 2,220 surgical technologists working in Washington State.
On average, a surgical technologist earns a salary of $46,620 per year in Washington State state. However, Washington State surgical technologists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $26,290 per year to more than $62,450 per year in 2010. A surgical technologist in the following Washington State counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- King County - $49,490 per year
- Pierce County - $47,510 per year
- Kitsap County - $47,120 per year
On average, surgical technologists earns the least in the following Washington State counties:
- Benton County - $40,360 per year
- Spokane County - $43,010 per year
- Thurston County - $43,670 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Washington State statistics regarding a career in surgical technology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as x ray technology or health science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Surgical Technology in Washington State
- Certificate in Surgical Technology in Washington State
Curious what studying Surgical Technologist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are surgical technologist related jobs in Washington State