There are schools offering x ray technician programs in Washington State!
Schools Offering X Ray Technology Programs in Washington State
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Washington State students graduate with degrees in x ray technology. Thus, Washington State's 7 x ray technician schools put out approximately 122 x ray technicians each year.
The top-ranked school in Washington State with a x ray technician program is Pima Medical Institute, which is located in Seattle. In 2010, it was ranked 73rd nationwide. In 2010, Pima Medical Institute graduated 54 students from its x ray technician program.
The second-ranked school in Washington State that has a x ray technician program is Wenatchee Valley College. Wenatchee Valley College, which was ranked 83rd in the country in 2010, is located in Wenatchee. 15 students graduated with degree in x ray technician from Wenatchee Valley College in 2010. Tuition at Wenatchee Valley College was $3,099 per year.
The third-ranked school in Washington State with a x ray technician program is Bellevue College, which is located in Bellevue. In 2010, it was ranked 85th nationwide. Bellevue College charged in-state students $3,060 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Washington State's x ray technician schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $2,643 per year, though tuition can range from $3,379 per year to $2,610 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Washington State x ray technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Columbia Basin College - located in Pasco, students are charged $3,379 per year
- Peninsula College - located in Port Angeles, students are charged $3,342 per year
- Wenatchee Valley College - located in Wenatchee, students are charged $3,099 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Washington State x ray technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Spokane Community College - located in Spokane, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Clark College - located in Vancouver, students are charged $3,008 per year
- Bellevue College - located in Bellevue, students are charged $3,060 per year
A x ray technician degree from a Washington State school... what next?
Most people who graduate from x ray technician school in Washington State go on to work as a x ray technician. In 2010, there were 4,260 x ray technicians working in Washington State. The following counties have the largest number of Washington State x ray technicians:
- King County - 1,780 x ray technicians
- Spokane County - 520 x ray technicians
- Pierce County - 310 x ray technicians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of x ray technicians is expected to grow by 24% by 2018. There are projected to be 5,330 x ray technicians working in the Washington State then.
On average, x ray technicians earn $62,670 per year. On average a x ray technician earns the most in the following Washington State counties:
- King County - $68,030 per year
- Skagit County - $65,700 per year
- Thurston County - $62,290 per year
The following counties in Washington State have the lowest average salaries for x ray technicians:
- Yakima County - $53,670 per year
- Adams County - $55,370 per year
- Spokane County - $55,400 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Washington State statistics regarding a career in x ray technology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in X Ray Technology in Washington State
Curious what studying X Ray Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Washington State
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Radiologic technologists and technicians||4,300||$60,980|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are x ray technician related jobs in Washington State