There are schools offering early childhood education certificates in West Virginia!
Schools Offering Early Childhood Education Programs in West Virginia
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Virginia
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Washington DC
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Ohio
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in North Carolina
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Maryland
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Kentucky
- See All Schools in West Virginia
Your Favorite Schools
Around 0.2% of West Virginia's graduates graduate from early childhood education degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 88 early childhood education professionals graduate from West Virginia's 7 early childhood education schools.
Marshall University, which was ranked 38th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in West Virginia that has a early childhood education program. It is located in Huntington. In 2010, Marshall University graduated 12 students from its early childhood education program. Tuition at Marshall University was $5,285 per year.
The second-ranked school in West Virginia with a early childhood education program is West Virginia University, which is located in Morgantown. In 2010, it was ranked 63rd nationwide. In 2010, West Virginia University graduated 42 students from its early childhood education program. The tuition rate at West Virginia University was $5,406 per year.
Glenville State College, which was ranked 63rd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in West Virginia that has a early childhood education program. It is located in Glenville. 11 students graduated with degree in early childhood education from Glenville State College in 2010. Tuition at Glenville State College was $4,888 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of West Virginia's early childhood education schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $4,392 per year, though tuition can range from $6,000 per year to $2,856 per year. The West Virginia early childhood education schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- American Public University System - located in Charles Town, students are charged $6,000 per year
- West Virginia University - located in Morgantown, students are charged $5,406 per year
- Marshall University - located in Huntington, students are charged $5,285 per year
The following West Virginia early childhood education schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Mountwest Community and Technical College - located in Huntington, students are charged $2,856 per year
- Potomac State College of West Virginia University - located in Keyser, students are charged $2,886 per year
- Ben Franklin Career Center - located in Dunbar, students are charged $3,420 per year
An early childhood education degree from a West Virginia school... what next?
Many West Virginia early childhood education graduates become a kindergarten teacher, elementary school teacher, and preschool director. If you decide to work as an early childhood education professional in West Virginia, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 10,470 West Virginia early childhood education professional as of 2010. This number includes 1,710 preschool teachers, 1,240 kindergarten teachers, and 7,440 elementary school teachers. The West Virginia counties with the largest populations of early childhood education professional are:
- Barbour County - 2,610 early childhood education professionals
- Fayette County - 2,400 early childhood education professionals
- Boone County - 1,380 early childhood education professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of early childhood education professionals in the state of West Virginia will grow to 12,730. This would require a 3% growth in the field.
On average, early childhood education professionals earn $36,860 per year. But, salaries for early childhood education professional can vary. In 2010, early childhood education professional made as little as less than $16,310 per year or as much as more than $59,530 per year in West Virginia. The following counties in West Virginia have the highest average salaries for early childhood education professionals:
- Washington County - $40,730 per year
- Fayette County - $40,567 per year
- Belmont County - $40,123 per year
On average, early childhood education professionals earn the least in the following West Virginia counties:
- Monongalia County - $27,010 per year
- Barbour County - $38,147 per year
- Boone County - $39,013 per year
The early childhood education professionals with highest average salaries in West Virginia were:
- Kindergarten Teacher - $45,070 per year
- Elementary School Teacher - $43,700 per year
- Preschool Director - $31,240 per year
The early childhood education professionals with lowest average salaries in West Virginia were:
- Preschool Director - $31,240 per year
- Preschool Teacher - $27,430 per year
For more data regarding a career in early childhood education in West Virginia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as early childhood education or , take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education in West Virginia
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education in West Virginia
- Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education in West Virginia
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,577 miles from location||American Public University System||Charles Town||WV||11.5561||n/a||31,331|
|5,691 miles from location||West Virginia University||Morgantown||WV||36.9068||39%||28,898|
|5,815 miles from location||Marshall University||Huntington||WV||62.2969||84%||13,776|
|5,815 miles from location||Mountwest Community and Technical College||Huntington||WV||7.27315||n/a||3,118|
|5,638 miles from location||Potomac State College of West Virginia University||Keyser||WV||14.3357||n/a||1,810|
|5,733 miles from location||Glenville State College||Glenville||WV||19.8209||35%||1,721|
|5,778 miles from location||Ben Franklin Career Center||Dunbar||WV||19.713||n/a||477|
Curious what studying Early Childhood Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in West Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education +||7,440||$43,700||-5.1%|
|Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education +||1,710||$27,430||33.6%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education +||1,240||$45,070||-9.5%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program +||80||$31,240||0.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are early childhood education related jobs in West Virginia