There are schools offering EMT training in West Virginia!
Schools Offering Emergency Medical Training Programs in West Virginia
Your Favorite Schools
Around 0.0% of West Virginia's graduates graduate from emergency medical training certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 13 emergency medical technicians graduate from West Virginia's 7 EMT schools.
The top-ranked school in West Virginia that has a EMT program is Carver Career Center. Carver Career Center, which was ranked 62nd in the country in 2010, is located in Charleston. In 2010, no students graduated from Carver Career Center's EMT program.
Pierpont Community and Technical College, which was ranked 90th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in West Virginia that has a EMT program. It is located in Fairmont. In 2010, 5 students graduated from Pierpont Community and Technical College EMT program. Students at Pierpont Community and Technical College paid $3,652 per year in tuition fees.
Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College, which was ranked 90th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in West Virginia that has a EMT program. It is located in Mount Gay. In 2010, 0 students graduated from Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College EMT program. The tuition rate at Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College was $2,122 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of West Virginia's EMT schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,123 per year, though tuition can range from $7,200 per year to $2,122 per year. The West Virginia EMT schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Mountain State University - located in Beckley, students are charged $7,200 per year
- Pierpont Community and Technical College - located in Fairmont, students are charged $3,652 per year
- Blue Ridge Community and Technical College - located in Martinsburg, students are charged $3,072 per year
The EMT schools in West Virginia that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College - located in Mount Gay, students are charged $2,122 per year
- Mountwest Community and Technical College - located in Huntington, students are charged $2,856 per year
- Kanawha Valley Community and Technical College - located in Institute, students are charged $2,956 per year
An EMT certificate from a West Virginia school... what next?
A large number of West Virginia EMT graduates become emergency medical technicians. 1,950 emergency medical technicians were working in West Virginia in 2010. The West Virginia counties with the largest populations of emergency medical technicians are:
- Fayette County - 480 emergency medical technicians
- Barbour County - 320 emergency medical technicians
- Boone County - 300 emergency medical technicians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of emergency medical technicians is expected to shrink by 0% by 2018. There are projected to be 2,100 emergency medical technicians working in the West Virginia then.
An emergency medical technician in West Virginia makes an average of $24,370 per year. But, salaries for emergency medical technicians can vary. In 2010, emergency medical technicians made as little as less than $15,850 per year or as much as more than $36,880 per year in West Virginia. On average an emergency medical technician earns the most in the following West Virginia counties:
- Washington County - $26,280 per year
- Boone County - $25,340 per year
- Belmont County - $25,100 per year
On average, emergency medical technicians earns the least in the following West Virginia counties:
- Fayette County - $20,520 per year
- Barbour County - $22,800 per year
- Boyd County - $23,690 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional West Virginia statistics regarding a career in emergency medical training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or paramedic.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Emergency Medical Training in West Virginia
- Certificate in Emergency Medical Training in West Virginia
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,744 miles from location||Mountain State University||Beckley||WV||6.59595||n/a||5,951|
|5,584 miles from location||Blue Ridge Community and Technical College||Martinsburg||WV||8.7948||n/a||3,247|
|5,815 miles from location||Mountwest Community and Technical College||Huntington||WV||7.27315||n/a||3,118|
|5,701 miles from location||Pierpont Community and Technical College||Fairmont||WV||10.4503||n/a||2,729|
|5,790 miles from location||Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College||Mount Gay||WV||9.61491||n/a||2,619|
|5,779 miles from location||Kanawha Valley Community and Technical College||Institute||WV||9.51762||n/a||2,226|
|5,767 miles from location||Carver Career Center||Charleston||WV||37.9241||n/a||267|
Curious what studying EMT gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in West Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics +||1,950||$24,370||30.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are EMT related jobs in West Virginia