There are schools offering graphic design degrees in West Virginia!
Schools Offering Graphic Design Programs in West Virginia
Each year, roughly 0.1% of West Virginia students graduate with degrees in graphic design. That means an estimated 38 graphic designers graduate from West Virginia's 9 graphic design schools each year.
West Virginia Wesleyan College, which is located in Buckhannon, is the top-ranked school in West Virginia that has a graphic design program. It received a ranking of 42nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, West Virginia Wesleyan College graduated 4 students from its graphic design program. The tuition rate at West Virginia Wesleyan College was $23,980 per year.
West Liberty University, which is located in West Liberty, is the second-ranked school in West Virginia that has a graphic design program. It received a ranking of 50th in the country in 2010. In 2010, West Liberty University graduated 8 students from its graphic design program. The tuition rate at West Liberty University was $4,880 per year.
The third-ranked school in West Virginia that has a graphic design program is West Virginia University Institute of Technology. West Virginia University Institute of Technology, which was ranked 57th in the country in 2010, is located in Montgomery. In 2010, West Virginia University Institute of Technology graduated 1 students from its graphic design programs. Tuition at West Virginia University Institute of Technology was $5,164 per year.
If you choose to attend a West Virginia graphic design school, average tuition will be $5,764 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,500 per year to $23,980 per year. In 2010, the graphic design schools that charged the highest tuition rates in West Virginia were:
- West Virginia Wesleyan College - located in Buckhannon, students are charged $23,980 per year
- Mountain State University - located in Beckley, students are charged $7,200 per year
- West Virginia University Institute of Technology - located in Montgomery, students are charged $5,164 per year
The graphic design schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in West Virginia were:
- Cabell County Career Technology Center - located in Huntington, students are charged $3,500 per year
- Bridgemont Community and Technical College - located in Montgomery, students are charged $3,504 per year
- Pierpont Community and Technical College - located in Fairmont, students are charged $3,652 per year
A graphic design degree from a West Virginia school... what next?
Most people who graduate from graphic design school in West Virginia go on to work as a graphic designer. West Virginia had 550 graphic designers in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of West Virginia graphic designers:
- Boone County - 120 graphic designers
- Boyd County - 80 graphic designers
- Washington County - 80 graphic designers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of graphic designers is expected to grow by 2% by 2018. There are projected to be 820 graphic designers working in the West Virginia then.
A graphic designer in West Virginia earns $38,090 per year on average. However, West Virginia graphic designers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $18,040 per year to more than $61,810 per year in 2010. The counties in West Virginia with the highest average salary for a graphic designer are:
- Washington County - $44,750 per year
- Boone County - $40,470 per year
- Monongalia County - $36,250 per year
The following counties in West Virginia have the lowest average salaries for graphic designers:
- Barbour County - $31,040 per year
- Belmont County - $31,400 per year
- Boyd County - $32,460 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional West Virginia statistics regarding a career in graphic design and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer animation or graphic design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design in West Virginia
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in West Virginia
- Certificate in Graphic Design in West Virginia
Curious what studying Graphic Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in West Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are graphic design related jobs in West Virginia