There are schools offering MBA programs in West Virginia!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in West Virginia
Each year, approximately 3.1% of West Virginia graduates receive degrees in business administration. In other words, every year an estimated 1,647 general managers graduate from West Virginia's 30 MBA schools.
The top-ranked school in West Virginia with a MBA program is Marshall University, which is located in Huntington. In 2010, it was ranked 38th nationwide. 85 students graduated with a degree in MBA from Marshall University in 2010. Students at Marshall University paid $5,285 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in West Virginia with a MBA program is Ohio Valley University, which is located in Vienna. In 2010, it was ranked 41st nationwide. 7 students graduated with degree in MBA from Ohio Valley University in 2010. Students at Ohio Valley University paid $17,910 per year in tuition fees.
Concord University, which is located in Athens, is the third-ranked school in West Virginia that has a MBA program. It received a ranking of 42nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 65 students graduated from Concord University MBA program. The tuition rate at Concord University was $4,974 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of West Virginia's MBA schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $8,981 per year, though tuition can range from $24,980 per year to $2,064 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at West Virginia MBA schools were charged at the following schools:
- Wheeling Jesuit University - located in Wheeling, students are charged $24,980 per year
- University of Charleston - located in Charleston, students are charged $24,700 per year
- Alderson Broaddus College - located in Philippi, students are charged $22,204 per year
The lowest tuition rates at West Virginia MBA schools were charged at the following schools:
- Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College - located in Moorefield, students are charged $2,064 per year
- West Virginia University at Parkersburg - located in Parkersburg, students are charged $2,076 per year
- Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College - located in Mount Gay, students are charged $2,122 per year
A MBA degree from a West Virginia school... what next?
The highest percentage of MBA graduates in West Virginia pursue careers as a general manager. In 2010, there were 8,680 general managers working in West Virginia. The following counties have the largest number of West Virginia general managers:
- Boone County - 2,130 general managers
- Barbour County - 1,670 general managers
- Fayette County - 1,570 general managers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of general managers in the state of West Virginia will shrink to 7,780. This would require a -7% decline in the profession.
On average, general managers earn $78,500 per year. However, West Virginia general managers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $30,570 per year to more than $165,490 per year in 2010. The counties in West Virginia with the highest average salary for a general manager are:
- Monongalia County - $87,310 per year
- Fayette County - $83,570 per year
- Boyd County - $82,800 per year
A general manager in the following counties in West Virginia make the lowest salaries on average:
- Belmont County - $71,420 per year
- Barbour County - $73,010 per year
- Boone County - $78,840 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional West Virginia statistics regarding a career in business administration. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business management or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in West Virginia
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in West Virginia
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in West Virginia
- Certificate in Business Administration in West Virginia
Curious what studying MBA gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in West Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||8,680||$78,500||16.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are MBA related jobs in West Virginia