There are schools offering paramedic programs in West Virginia!
Schools Offering Paramedic Training Programs in West Virginia
Approximately 0.0% of graduates in of West Virginia receive paramedic training certificates every year. In other words, every year an estimated 13 paramedics graduate from West Virginia's 7 paramedic schools.
The top-ranked school in West Virginia with a paramedic program is Carver Career Center, which is located in Charleston. In 2010, it was ranked 62nd nationwide. In 2010, no students graduated from Carver Career Center's paramedic program.
The second-ranked school in West Virginia that has a paramedic program is Pierpont Community and Technical College. Pierpont Community and Technical College, which was ranked 90th in the country in 2010, is located in Fairmont. In 2010, Pierpont Community and Technical College graduated 5 students from its paramedic program. Tuition at Pierpont Community and Technical College was $3,652 per year.
Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College, which was ranked 90th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in West Virginia that has a paramedic program. It is located in Mount Gay. The tuition rate at Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College was $2,122 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of West Virginia's paramedic schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,123 per year, though tuition can range from $7,200 per year to $2,122 per year. In 2010, the following West Virginia paramedic schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Mountain State University - located in Beckley, students are charged $7,200 per year
- Pierpont Community and Technical College - located in Fairmont, students are charged $3,652 per year
- Blue Ridge Community and Technical College - located in Martinsburg, students are charged $3,072 per year
The paramedic schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in West Virginia were:
- Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College - located in Mount Gay, students are charged $2,122 per year
- Mountwest Community and Technical College - located in Huntington, students are charged $2,856 per year
- Kanawha Valley Community and Technical College - located in Institute, students are charged $2,956 per year
A paramedic certificate from a West Virginia school... what next?
Most people who graduate from paramedic school in West Virginia go on to work as a paramedic. If you decide to work as a paramedic in West Virginia, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,950 West Virginia paramedics as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of West Virginia paramedics:
- Fayette County - 480 paramedics
- Barbour County - 320 paramedics
- Boone County - 300 paramedics
The government projects that the number of paramedics in West Virginia will shrink by 0%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 2,100 paramedics working in West Virginia.
On average, a paramedic earns a salary of $24,370 per year in West Virginia state. But, salaries for paramedics can vary. In 2010, paramedics made as little as less than $15,850 per year or as much as more than $36,880 per year in West Virginia. On average a paramedic earns the most in the following West Virginia counties:
- Washington County - $26,280 per year
- Boone County - $25,340 per year
- Belmont County - $25,100 per year
On average, paramedics earns the least in the following West Virginia counties:
- Fayette County - $20,520 per year
- Barbour County - $22,800 per year
- Boyd County - $23,690 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional West Virginia statistics regarding a career in paramedic training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as paramedic or emergency management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paramedic Training in West Virginia
- Certificate in Paramedic Training in West Virginia
Curious what studying Paramedic gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in West Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||1,950||$24,370||30.9%|
|Ambulance Drivers and Attendants, Except Emergency Medical Technicians||750||$19,460||87.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paramedic related jobs in West Virginia