There are schools offering radiology technician programs in West Virginia!
Schools Offering Radiology Programs in West Virginia
Each year, approximately 0.2% of West Virginia graduates receive degrees in radiology. That means an estimated 84 radiology technicians graduate from West Virginia's 8 radiology technician schools each year.
The top-ranked school in West Virginia with a radiology technician program is Alderson Broaddus College, which is located in Philippi. In 2010, it was ranked 49th nationwide. In 2010, no students graduated from Alderson Broaddus College's radiology technician program. Students at Alderson Broaddus College paid $22,204 per year in tuition fees.
West Virginia University Hospital Departments of Rad Tech and Nutrition, which was ranked 56th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in West Virginia that has a radiology technician program. It is located in Morgantown.
University of Charleston, which was ranked 56th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in West Virginia that has a radiology technician program. It is located in Charleston. In 2010, 12 students graduated from University of Charleston radiology technician program. The tuition rate at University of Charleston was $24,700 per year.
Radiology technician schools in West Virginia, charge students an average tuition of $8,255 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $24,700 per year, or as little as $2,122 per year. The West Virginia radiology technician schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Charleston - located in Charleston, students are charged $24,700 per year
- Alderson Broaddus College - located in Philippi, students are charged $22,204 per year
- Mountain State University - located in Beckley, students are charged $7,200 per year
The lowest tuition rates at West Virginia radiology technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College - located in Mount Gay, students are charged $2,122 per year
- West Virginia Northern Community College - located in Wheeling, students are charged $2,358 per year
- Mountwest Community and Technical College - located in Huntington, students are charged $2,856 per year
A radiology technician degree from a West Virginia school... what next?
A large number of West Virginia radiology technician graduates become radiology technicians. If you decide to work as a radiology technician in West Virginia, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,970 West Virginia radiology technicians as of 2010. In West Virginia, the largest numbers of radiology technicians work in the following counties:
- Boone County - 470 radiology technicians
- Boyd County - 400 radiology technicians
- Fayette County - 370 radiology technicians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of radiology technicians in the state of West Virginia will grow to 2,370. This would require a 10% growth in the profession.
On average, a radiology technician earns a salary of $42,920 per year in West Virginia state. The following counties in West Virginia have the highest average salaries for radiology technicians:
- Boyd County - $46,730 per year
- Barbour County - $44,040 per year
- Monongalia County - $43,670 per year
The West Virginia counties with the lowest average salary for radiology technicians are:
- Fayette County - $39,660 per year
- Washington County - $40,590 per year
- Belmont County - $41,840 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional West Virginia statistics regarding a career in radiology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Radiology in West Virginia
- Bachelor's Degree in Radiology in West Virginia
Curious what studying Radiology Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in West Virginia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||1,320||$177,280||37.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are radiology technician related jobs in West Virginia