There are schools offering acting classes in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Acting Programs in Wisconsin
The top-ranked school in Wisconsin with a acting program is University of Wisconsin-Madison, which is located in Madison. In 2010, it was ranked 12th nationwide. 41 students graduated with a degree in acting from University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2010. University of Wisconsin-Madison charged in-state students $8,983 in tuition fees per year.
Marquette University, which is located in Milwaukee, is the second-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a acting program. It received a ranking of 25th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Marquette University graduated 12 students from its acting program. The tuition rate at Marquette University was $30,462 per year.
The third-ranked school in Wisconsin with a acting program is University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, which is located in Whitewater. In 2010, it was ranked 35th nationwide. In 2010, 19 students graduated from University of Wisconsin-Whitewater acting program. Students at University of Wisconsin-Whitewater paid $6,836 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Wisconsin's acting schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $17,320 per year, though tuition can range from $36,312 per year to $6,619 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Wisconsin acting schools were charged at the following schools:
- Lawrence University - located in Appleton, students are charged $36,312 per year
- Beloit College - located in Beloit, students are charged $35,038 per year
- Marquette University - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $30,462 per year
The acting schools in Wisconsin that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- University of Wisconsin-Parkside - located in Kenosha, students are charged $6,619 per year
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh - located in Oshkosh, students are charged $6,680 per year
- University of Wisconsin-Whitewater - located in Whitewater, students are charged $6,836 per year
An acting degree from a Wisconsin school... what next?
A large number of Wisconsin acting graduates become actors. 220 actors were working in Wisconsin in 2010. The largest populations of Wisconsin actors are working in the following counties:
- Milwaukee County - 80 actors
- Columbia County - 40 actors
An actor in Wisconsin earns $0 per year on average.
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Wisconsin statistics regarding a career in acting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as art or acting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Acting in Wisconsin
- Master's Degree in Acting in Wisconsin
- Doctoral Degree in Acting in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Acting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Producers and Directors||910||$50,190||40.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are acting related jobs in Wisconsin