There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Wisconsin
Around 0.3% of Wisconsin's graduates graduate from administrative assisting certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 528 administrative assistants graduate from Wisconsin's 27 administrative assistant schools.
The top-ranked school in Wisconsin with a administrative assistant program is Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, which is located in Fennimore. In 2010, it was ranked 72nd nationwide. In 2010, Southwest Wisconsin Technical College graduated 18 students from its administrative assistant program. The tuition rate at Southwest Wisconsin Technical College was $3,464 per year.
Milwaukee Career College, which is located in Milwaukee, is the second-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a administrative assistant program. It received a ranking of 74th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Milwaukee Career College graduated 1 students from its administrative assistant program.
Northland International University, which is located in Dunbar, is the third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a administrative assistant program. It received a ranking of 75th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Northland International University administrative assistant program. Tuition at Northland International University was $12,080 per year.
If you choose to attend a Wisconsin administrative assistant school, average tuition will be $5,822 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,339 per year to $15,660 per year. In 2010, the following Wisconsin administrative assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Globe University-Eau Claire - located in Eau Claire, students are charged $15,660 per year
- Bryant and Stratton College-Milwaukee - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $15,245 per year
- Bryant and Stratton College-Wauwatosa - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $15,155 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Wisconsin administrative assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Blackhawk Technical College - located in Janesville, students are charged $3,339 per year
- Lakeshore Technical College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $3,355 per year
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College - located in Shell Lake, students are charged $3,371 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a Wisconsin school... what next?
Most people who graduate from administrative assistant school in Wisconsin go on to work as an administrative assistant. If you decide to work as an administrative assistant in Wisconsin, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 15,310 Wisconsin administrative assistants as of 2010. The Wisconsin counties with the largest populations of administrative assistants are:
- Milwaukee County - 5,680 administrative assistants
- Columbia County - 2,550 administrative assistants
- Brown County - 1,070 administrative assistants
The government projects that the number of administrative assistants in Wisconsin will grow by 3%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 24,750 administrative assistants working in Wisconsin.
On average, an administrative assistant earns a salary of $40,660 per year in Wisconsin state. But, salaries for administrative assistants can vary. In 2010, administrative assistants made as little as less than $24,510 per year or as much as more than $58,580 per year in Wisconsin. An administrative assistant in the following Wisconsin counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Milwaukee County - $43,890 per year
- Racine County - $41,350 per year
- Columbia County - $41,310 per year
An administrative assistant in the following counties in Wisconsin make the lowest salaries on average:
- Buffalo County - $34,780 per year
- Houston County - $34,800 per year
- Barron County - $35,050 per year
For more data regarding a career in administrative assisting in Wisconsin and to compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Wisconsin
- Bachelor's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Wisconsin
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Office Clerks, General||63,060||$28,680||39.6%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||22,420||$32,450||-40.9%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||15,310||$40,660||-47.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Wisconsin