There are schools offering bookkeeping courses in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Bookkeeping Programs in Wisconsin
The top-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a bookkeeping program is Southwest Wisconsin Technical College. Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, which was ranked 72nd in the country in 2010, is located in Fennimore. 2 students graduated with a certificate in bookkeeping from Southwest Wisconsin Technical College in 2010. Southwest Wisconsin Technical College charged in-state students $3,464 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a bookkeeping program is Northcentral Technical College. Northcentral Technical College, which was ranked 76th in the country in 2010, is located in Wausau. In 2010, 0 students graduated from Northcentral Technical College bookkeeping program. Students at Northcentral Technical College paid $3,493 per year in tuition fees.
Fox Valley Technical College, which was ranked 76th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a bookkeeping program. It is located in Appleton. In 2010, Fox Valley Technical College graduated 10 students from its bookkeeping programs. Fox Valley Technical College charged in-state students $3,650 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Wisconsin's bookkeeping schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,498 per year, though tuition can range from $3,650 per year to $3,371 per year. In 2010, the bookkeeping schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Wisconsin were:
- Fox Valley Technical College - located in Appleton, students are charged $3,650 per year
- Milwaukee Area Technical College - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $3,620 per year
- Moraine Park Technical College - located in Fond Du Lac, students are charged $3,503 per year
The following Wisconsin bookkeeping schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College - located in Shell Lake, students are charged $3,371 per year
- Madison Area Technical College - located in Madison, students are charged $3,433 per year
- Western Technical College - located in La Crosse, students are charged $3,446 per year
A bookkeeping certificate from a Wisconsin school... what next?
Most people who graduate from bookkeeping school in Wisconsin go on to work as a bookkeeping clerk. In 2010, there were 32,170 bookkeeping clerks working in Wisconsin. The Wisconsin counties with the largest populations of bookkeeping clerks are:
- Milwaukee County - 9,120 bookkeeping clerks
- Columbia County - 4,120 bookkeeping clerks
- Barron County - 2,240 bookkeeping clerks
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 40,790 bookkeeping clerks will be working in Wisconsin state. This would require the number of bookkeeping clerks to grow by 2%.
A bookkeeping clerk in Wisconsin makes an average of $33,100 per year. However, Wisconsin bookkeeping clerks earned anywhere in the range from as less than $16,030 per year to more than $49,070 per year in 2010. The following counties in Wisconsin have the highest average salaries for bookkeeping clerks:
- Fond du Lac County - $36,390 per year
- Columbia County - $35,870 per year
- Milwaukee County - $34,990 per year
On average, bookkeeping clerks earns the least in the following Wisconsin counties:
- Adams County - $28,230 per year
- Buffalo County - $29,290 per year
- Ashland County - $29,700 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Wisconsin statistics regarding a career in bookkeeping and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as small business or finance.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Bookkeeping in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Bookkeeping gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||32,170||$33,100||-22.9%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||8,590||$32,320||-16.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are bookkeeping related jobs in Wisconsin