There are schools offering creative writing courses in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Creative Writing Programs in Wisconsin
University of Wisconsin-Madison, which is located in Madison, is the top-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a creative writing program. It received a ranking of 12th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 7 students graduated from University of Wisconsin-Madison's creative writing program. The tuition rate at University of Wisconsin-Madison was $8,983 per year.
The second-ranked school in Wisconsin with a creative writing program is Lakeland College, which is located in Plymouth. In 2010, it was ranked 45th nationwide. 6 students graduated with degree in creative writing from Lakeland College in 2010. Students at Lakeland College paid $19,640 per year in tuition fees.
Beloit College, which is located in Beloit, is the third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a creative writing program. It received a ranking of 66th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 18 students graduated from Beloit College creative writing program. Students at Beloit College paid $35,038 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Wisconsin's creative writing schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $23,283 per year, though tuition can range from $35,038 per year to $8,983 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Wisconsin creative writing schools were charged at the following schools:
- Beloit College - located in Beloit, students are charged $35,038 per year
- Saint Norbert College - located in De Pere, students are charged $28,043 per year
- Northland College - located in Ashland, students are charged $25,241 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Wisconsin creative writing schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Wisconsin-Madison - located in Madison, students are charged $8,983 per year
- Lakeland College - located in Plymouth, students are charged $19,640 per year
- Cardinal Stritch University - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $22,750 per year
A creative writing degree from a Wisconsin school... what next?
A large number of Wisconsin creative writing graduates become creative writers. In 2010, there were 820 creative writers working in Wisconsin. The following counties have the largest number of Wisconsin creative writers:
- Milwaukee County - 350 creative writers
- Columbia County - 140 creative writers
- Brown County - 50 creative writers
The government projects that the number of creative writers in Wisconsin will grow by 11%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 3,870 creative writers working in Wisconsin.
A creative writer in Wisconsin earns $49,930 per year on average. However, Wisconsin creative writers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $20,110 per year to more than $90,320 per year in 2010. On average a creative writer earns the most in the following Wisconsin counties:
- Columbia County - $57,740 per year
- Milwaukee County - $50,430 per year
- Brown County - $46,820 per year
The following counties in Wisconsin have the lowest average salaries for creative writers:
- Barron County - $36,720 per year
- Houston County - $42,420 per year
- Adams County - $45,520 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Wisconsin statistics regarding a career in creative writing and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as communications or creative writing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Creative Writing in Wisconsin
- Master's Degree in Creative Writing in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Creative Writing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Writers and Authors||820||$49,930||-7.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are creative writing related jobs in Wisconsin