There are schools offering electrical engineering degrees in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Electrical Engineering Programs in Wisconsin
Around 0.2% of Wisconsin's graduates graduate from electrical engineering degree programs every year. Thus, Wisconsin's 16 electrical engineering schools put out approximately 252 electrical engineers each year.
Marquette University, which was ranked 25th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a electrical engineering program. It is located in Milwaukee. In 2010, 28 students graduated from Marquette University's electrical engineering program. The tuition rate at Marquette University was $30,462 per year.
Milwaukee School of Engineering, which was ranked 74th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a electrical engineering program. It is located in Milwaukee. In 2010, Milwaukee School of Engineering graduated 17 students from its electrical engineering program. Students at Milwaukee School of Engineering paid $29,520 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a electrical engineering program is Herzing University. Herzing University, which was ranked 74th in the country in 2010, is located in Madison. In 2010, Herzing University graduated 6 students from its electrical engineering programs. Tuition at Herzing University was $10,810 per year.
Electrical engineering schools in Wisconsin, charge students an average tuition of $9,990 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $30,462 per year, or as little as $3,355 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Wisconsin electrical engineering schools were charged at the following schools:
- Marquette University - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $30,462 per year
- Milwaukee School of Engineering - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $29,520 per year
- ITT Technical Institute - located in Madison, students are charged $18,048 per year
The electrical engineering schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Wisconsin were:
- Lakeshore Technical College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $3,355 per year
- Gateway Technical College - located in Kenosha, students are charged $3,379 per year
- Madison Area Technical College - located in Madison, students are charged $3,433 per year
An electrical engineering degree from a Wisconsin school... what next?
A large number of Wisconsin electrical engineering graduates become electrical engineers. 3,460 electrical engineers were working in Wisconsin in 2010. In Wisconsin, the largest numbers of electrical engineers work in the following counties:
- Milwaukee County - 1,440 electrical engineers
- Columbia County - 660 electrical engineers
- Brown County - 260 electrical engineers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 3,490 electrical engineers will be working in Wisconsin state. This would require the number of electrical engineers to shrink by -3%.
On average, electrical engineers earn $75,950 per year. However, Wisconsin electrical engineers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $35,410 per year to more than $112,600 per year in 2010. On average an electrical engineer earns the most in the following Wisconsin counties:
- Houston County - $78,660 per year
- Columbia County - $77,760 per year
- Barron County - $76,510 per year
An electrical engineer in the following counties in Wisconsin make the lowest salaries on average:
- Fond du Lac County - $66,170 per year
- Adams County - $70,260 per year
- Sheboygan County - $70,830 per year
For more data regarding a career in electrical engineering in Wisconsin and to compare salaries with various related fields such as electrical engineering or civil engineering, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Wisconsin
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Wisconsin
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Wisconsin
- Doctoral Degree in Electrical Engineering in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Electrical Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||2,380||$53,090||-23.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrical engineering related jobs in Wisconsin