There are schools offering journalism degrees in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Journalism Programs in Wisconsin
Your Favorite Schools
The top-ranked school in Wisconsin with a journalism program is University of Wisconsin-Madison, which is located in Madison. In 2010, it was ranked 12th nationwide. 215 students graduated with a degree in journalism from University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2010. Students at University of Wisconsin-Madison paid $8,983 per year in tuition fees.
Marquette University, which was ranked 25th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a journalism program. It is located in Milwaukee. In 2010, Marquette University graduated 35 students from its journalism program. The tuition rate at Marquette University was $30,462 per year.
The third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a journalism program is University of Wisconsin-Whitewater. University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, which was ranked 35th in the country in 2010, is located in Whitewater. In 2010, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater graduated 73 students from its journalism programs. Students at University of Wisconsin-Whitewater paid $6,836 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Wisconsin journalism school, average tuition will be $11,203 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $6,680 per year to $30,462 per year. In 2010, the journalism schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Wisconsin were:
- Marquette University - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $30,462 per year
- University of Wisconsin-Madison - located in Madison, students are charged $8,983 per year
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire - located in Eau Claire, students are charged $7,360 per year
The following Wisconsin journalism schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh - located in Oshkosh, students are charged $6,680 per year
- University of Wisconsin-Whitewater - located in Whitewater, students are charged $6,836 per year
- University of Wisconsin-River Falls - located in River Falls, students are charged $6,894 per year
A journalism degree from a Wisconsin school... what next?
Most people who graduate from journalism school in Wisconsin go on to work as a journalist. 860 journalists were working in Wisconsin in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Wisconsin journalists:
- Milwaukee County - 270 journalists
- Columbia County - 170 journalists
- Barron County - 70 journalists
The government projects that the number of journalists in Wisconsin will shrink by -6%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 1,260 journalists working in Wisconsin.
A journalist in Wisconsin earns $32,520 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Wisconsin journalists earned as little as less than $15,960 per year or as much as more than $68,650 per year. The counties in Wisconsin with the highest average salary for a journalist are:
- Milwaukee County - $40,120 per year
- Brown County - $38,040 per year
- Dodge County - $29,060 per year
The following counties in Wisconsin have the lowest average salaries for journalists:
- Barron County - $25,020 per year
- Columbia County - $28,210 per year
- Adams County - $28,470 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Wisconsin statistics regarding a career in journalism and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as communications or journalism.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism in Wisconsin
- Master's Degree in Journalism in Wisconsin
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|6,195 miles from location||University of Wisconsin-Madison||Madison||WI||87.6846||43%||41,654|
|6,153 miles from location||University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh||Oshkosh||WI||30.0689||43%||13,192|
|6,120 miles from location||Marquette University||Milwaukee||WI||75.2997||17%||11,689|
|6,299 miles from location||University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire||Eau Claire||WI||34.9991||40%||11,216|
|6,161 miles from location||University of Wisconsin-Whitewater||Whitewater||WI||65.2906||43%||11,139|
|6,354 miles from location||University of Wisconsin-River Falls||River Falls||WI||30.5647||51%||6,728|
Curious what studying Journalism gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Reporters and Correspondents +||860||$32,520||-7.5%|
|Broadcast News Analysts +||130||$77,900||-27.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are journalism related jobs in Wisconsin