There are schools offering medical transcription training in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Medical Transcription Programs in Wisconsin
Each year, roughly 0.0% of Wisconsin students graduate with certificates in medical transcription. That means an estimated 63 medical transcriptionists graduate from Wisconsin's 11 medical transcription schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Wisconsin with a medical transcription program is Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, which is located in Fennimore. In 2010, it was ranked 72nd nationwide. 9 students graduated with a certificate in medical transcription from Southwest Wisconsin Technical College in 2010. Students at Southwest Wisconsin Technical College paid $3,464 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Wisconsin with a medical transcription program is Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College, which is located in Hayward. In 2010, it was ranked 76th nationwide. In 2010, Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College graduated 0 students from its medical transcription program. Tuition at Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College was $3,870 per year.
Northcentral Technical College, which is located in Wausau, is the third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a medical transcription program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. 6 students graduated with certificate in medical transcription from Northcentral Technical College in 2010. Students at Northcentral Technical College paid $3,493 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Wisconsin's medical transcription schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $4,429 per year, though tuition can range from $13,560 per year to $3,355 per year. In 2010, the medical transcription schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Wisconsin were:
- Rasmussen College-Wisconsin - located in Green Bay, students are charged $13,560 per year
- Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College - located in Hayward, students are charged $3,870 per year
- Fox Valley Technical College - located in Appleton, students are charged $3,650 per year
The medical transcription schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Wisconsin were:
- Lakeshore Technical College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $3,355 per year
- Gateway Technical College - located in Kenosha, students are charged $3,379 per year
- Madison Area Technical College - located in Madison, students are charged $3,433 per year
A medical transcription certificate from a Wisconsin school... what next?
A large number of Wisconsin medical transcription graduates become medical transcriptionists. Wisconsin had 3,600 medical transcriptionists in 2010. The largest populations of Wisconsin medical transcriptionists are working in the following counties:
- Milwaukee County - 990 medical transcriptionists
- Barron County - 440 medical transcriptionists
- Columbia County - 430 medical transcriptionists
The government projects that the number of medical transcriptionists in Wisconsin will grow by 5%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 4,820 medical transcriptionists working in Wisconsin.
On average, a medical transcriptionist earns a salary of $34,290 per year in Wisconsin state. However, this number is only an average. medical transcriptionists in Wisconsin had varying salaries from $23,030 to $46,460 per year in 2010. A medical transcriptionist in the following Wisconsin counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Houston County - $36,610 per year
- Milwaukee County - $36,120 per year
- Calumet County - $35,710 per year
The following counties in Wisconsin have the lowest average salaries for medical transcriptionists:
- Dodge County - $30,950 per year
- Adams County - $31,930 per year
- Barron County - $32,170 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Wisconsin statistics regarding a career in medical transcription. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or health information.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Transcription in Wisconsin
- Certificate in Medical Transcription in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Medical Transcription gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical transcription related jobs in Wisconsin