There are schools offering occupational therapy programs in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Occupational Therapy Programs in Wisconsin
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Wisconsin students graduate with degrees in occupational therapy. Thus, Wisconsin's 10 occupational therapy schools put out approximately 275 occupational therapists each year.
University of Wisconsin-Madison, which is located in Madison, is the top-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a occupational therapy program. It received a ranking of 12th in the country in 2010. 25 students graduated with a degree in occupational therapy from University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2010. Tuition at University of Wisconsin-Madison was $8,983 per year.
The second-ranked school in Wisconsin with a occupational therapy program is University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, which is located in La Crosse. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. 7 students graduated with degree in occupational therapy from University of Wisconsin-La Crosse in 2010. University of Wisconsin-La Crosse charged in-state students $7,911 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Wisconsin with a occupational therapy program is University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, which is located in Milwaukee. In 2010, it was ranked 70th nationwide. 58 students graduated with degree in occupational therapy from University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in 2010. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee charged in-state students $8,151 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Wisconsin's occupational therapy schools ranges from $22,150 per year to $3,371 per year. But, the average tuition is $8,683 per year. In 2010, the following Wisconsin occupational therapy schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Concordia University-Wisconsin - located in Mequon, students are charged $22,150 per year
- Mount Mary College - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $22,118 per year
- University of Wisconsin-Madison - located in Madison, students are charged $8,983 per year
The occupational therapy schools in Wisconsin that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College - located in Shell Lake, students are charged $3,371 per year
- Madison Area Technical College - located in Madison, students are charged $3,433 per year
- Western Technical College - located in La Crosse, students are charged $3,446 per year
An occupational therapy degree from a Wisconsin school... what next?
Most people who graduate from occupational therapy school in Wisconsin go on to work as an occupational therapist. In 2010, there were 2,530 occupational therapists working in Wisconsin. The largest populations of Wisconsin occupational therapists are working in the following counties:
- Milwaukee County - 910 occupational therapists
- Columbia County - 350 occupational therapists
- Dodge County - 150 occupational therapists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of occupational therapists in the state of Wisconsin will grow to 3,410. This would require a 15% growth in the profession.
An occupational therapist in Wisconsin makes an average of $62,620 per year. In 2010, however, some Wisconsin occupational therapists earned as little as less than $24,090 per year or as much as more than $92,230 per year. The counties in Wisconsin with the highest average salary for an occupational therapist are:
- Fond du Lac County - $67,870 per year
- Columbia County - $67,540 per year
- Winnebago County - $65,470 per year
An occupational therapist in the following counties in Wisconsin make the lowest salaries on average:
- Ashland County - $58,440 per year
- Adams County - $59,010 per year
- Barron County - $59,650 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Wisconsin statistics regarding a career in occupational therapy and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as clinical psychology or occupational therapy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Wisconsin
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Wisconsin
- Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Occupational Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Occupational Therapy Assistants||740||$45,690||-1.3%|
|Occupational Therapy Aides||250||$30,490||25.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are occupational therapy related jobs in Wisconsin