There are schools offering surgical technologist programs in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Surgical Technology Programs in Wisconsin
Around 0.1% of Wisconsin's graduates graduate from surgical technology certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 175 surgical technologists graduate from Wisconsin's 12 surgical technologist schools.
Chippewa Valley Technical College, which was ranked 76th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a surgical technologist program. It is located in Eau Claire. 5 students graduated with a certificate in surgical technologist from Chippewa Valley Technical College in 2010. Tuition at Chippewa Valley Technical College was $3,677 per year.
The second-ranked school in Wisconsin with a surgical technologist program is Northcentral Technical College, which is located in Wausau. In 2010, it was ranked 76th nationwide. In 2010, 12 students graduated from Northcentral Technical College surgical technologist program. Northcentral Technical College charged in-state students $3,493 in tuition fees per year.
Western Technical College, which was ranked 76th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a surgical technologist program. It is located in La Crosse. 12 students graduated with certificate in surgical technologist from Western Technical College in 2010. The tuition rate at Western Technical College was $3,446 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Wisconsin's surgical technologist schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,202 per year, though tuition can range from $3,677 per year to $3,355 per year. The Wisconsin surgical technologist schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Chippewa Valley Technical College - located in Eau Claire, students are charged $3,677 per year
- Milwaukee Area Technical College - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $3,620 per year
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College - located in Green Bay, students are charged $3,511 per year
The following Wisconsin surgical technologist schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Lakeshore Technical College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $3,355 per year
- Gateway Technical College - located in Kenosha, students are charged $3,379 per year
- Madison Area Technical College - located in Madison, students are charged $3,433 per year
A surgical technologist certificate from a Wisconsin school... what next?
A large number of Wisconsin surgical technologist graduates become surgical technologists. In 2010, there were 2,340 surgical technologists working in Wisconsin. The following counties have the largest number of Wisconsin surgical technologists:
- Milwaukee County - 750 surgical technologists
- Columbia County - 230 surgical technologists
- Brown County - 210 surgical technologists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of surgical technologists is expected to grow by 25% by 2018. There are projected to be 3,330 surgical technologists working in the Wisconsin then.
On average, surgical technologists earn $45,900 per year. In 2010, however, some Wisconsin surgical technologists earned as little as less than $32,540 per year or as much as more than $79,700 per year. The counties in Wisconsin with the highest average salary for a surgical technologist are:
- Winnebago County - $51,190 per year
- Columbia County - $48,960 per year
- Milwaukee County - $47,470 per year
A surgical technologist in the following counties in Wisconsin make the lowest salaries on average:
- Rock County - $41,360 per year
- Barron County - $42,250 per year
- Calumet County - $42,700 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Wisconsin statistics regarding a career in surgical technology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as x ray technology or health science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Surgical Technology in Wisconsin
- Certificate in Surgical Technology in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Surgical Technologist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are surgical technologist related jobs in Wisconsin