There are schools offering visual communications degrees in Wisconsin!
Schools Offering Visual Communications Programs in Wisconsin
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Wisconsin students graduate with degrees in visual communications. Thus, Wisconsin's 18 visual communications schools put out approximately 292 visual communications professionals each year.
Lakeland College, which is located in Plymouth, is the top-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a visual communications program. It received a ranking of 45th in the country in 2010. In 2010, no students graduated from Lakeland College's visual communications program. Students at Lakeland College paid $19,640 per year in tuition fees.
Beloit College, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a visual communications program. It is located in Beloit. 0 students graduated with degree in visual communications from Beloit College in 2010. Students at Beloit College paid $35,038 per year in tuition fees.
University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Wisconsin that has a visual communications program. It is located in Stevens Point. In 2010, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point graduated 59 students from its visual communications programs. University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point charged in-state students $6,845 in tuition fees per year.
Visual communications schools in Wisconsin, charge students an average tuition of $15,224 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $35,038 per year, or as little as $3,433 per year. In 2010, the visual communications schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Wisconsin were:
- Beloit College - located in Beloit, students are charged $35,038 per year
- Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $27,000 per year
- Cardinal Stritch University - located in Milwaukee, students are charged $22,750 per year
The visual communications schools in Wisconsin that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Madison Area Technical College - located in Madison, students are charged $3,433 per year
- Western Technical College - located in La Crosse, students are charged $3,446 per year
- Moraine Park Technical College - located in Fond Du Lac, students are charged $3,503 per year
A visual communications degree from a Wisconsin school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs visual communications graduates in Wisconsin pursue include video editor, audio visual technician, and artist. 5,070 visual communications professionals were working in Wisconsin in 2010. Of these, 4,380 were graphic designers. In addition, 110 were video editors, and 480 were audio visual technicians. In Wisconsin, the largest numbers of visual communications professional work in the following counties:
- Milwaukee County - 1,700 visual communications professionals
- Columbia County - 880 visual communications professionals
- Brown County - 330 visual communications professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 7,220 visual communications professionals will be working in Wisconsin. This would require the number of visual communications professional to grow by 2%.
visual communications professionals in Wisconsin earn $41,360 per year on average. However, Wisconsin visual communications professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $16,680 per year to more than $75,500 per year in 2010. The counties in Wisconsin with the highest average salary for visual communications professionals are:
- Fond du Lac County - $51,350 per year
- Columbia County - $44,363 per year
- Milwaukee County - $42,855 per year
On average, visual communications professionals earn the least in the following Wisconsin counties:
- Ashland County - $29,640 per year
- Barron County - $32,460 per year
- Adams County - $33,490 per year
On average, the highest paid visual communications professionals in Wisconsin were:
- Audio Visual Technician - $42,170 per year
- Graphic Designer - $42,010 per year
- Video Editor - $41,590 per year
On average, the lowest paid visual communications professionals in Wisconsin were:
- Video Editor - $41,590 per year
- Artist - $39,670 per year
For more data regarding a career in visual communications in Wisconsin and to compare salaries with various related fields such as visual communications or art, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Visual Communications in Wisconsin
- Bachelor's Degree in Visual Communications in Wisconsin
- Master's Degree in Visual Communications in Wisconsin
- Certificate in Visual Communications in Wisconsin
Curious what studying Visual Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wisconsin
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||480||$42,170||14.3%|
|Film and Video Editors||110||$41,590||57.1%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||100||$39,670||-9.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are visual communications related jobs in Wisconsin