There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Wyoming!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Wyoming
Around 0.1% of Wyoming's graduates graduate from administrative assisting certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 18 administrative assistants graduate from Wyoming's 7 administrative assistant schools.
The top-ranked school in Wyoming that has a administrative assistant program is Western Wyoming Community College. Western Wyoming Community College, which was ranked 71st in the country in 2010, is located in Rock Springs. 3 students graduated with a certificate in administrative assistant from Western Wyoming Community College in 2010. Students at Western Wyoming Community College paid $1,994 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Wyoming that has a administrative assistant program is Central Wyoming College. Central Wyoming College, which was ranked 80th in the country in 2010, is located in Riverton. In 2010, Central Wyoming College graduated 1 students from its administrative assistant program. Central Wyoming College charged in-state students $2,136 in tuition fees per year.
Eastern Wyoming College, which was ranked 80th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Wyoming that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Torrington. Students at Eastern Wyoming College paid $2,016 per year in tuition fees.
Administrative assistant schools in Wyoming, charge students an average tuition of $2,148 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $2,472 per year, or as little as $1,848 per year. In 2010, the following Wyoming administrative assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Laramie County Community College - located in Cheyenne, students are charged $2,472 per year
- Sheridan College - located in Sheridan, students are charged $2,322 per year
- Northwest College - located in Powell, students are charged $2,246 per year
The administrative assistant schools in Wyoming that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Casper College - located in Casper, students are charged $1,848 per year
- Western Wyoming Community College - located in Rock Springs, students are charged $1,994 per year
- Eastern Wyoming College - located in Torrington, students are charged $2,016 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a Wyoming school... what next?
The highest percentage of administrative assistant graduates in Wyoming pursue careers as an administrative assistant. 1,250 administrative assistants were working in Wyoming in 2010. The largest populations of Wyoming administrative assistants are working in the following counties:
- Laramie County - 340 administrative assistants
- Lincoln County - 200 administrative assistants
- Natrona County - 190 administrative assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of administrative assistants in the state of Wyoming will grow to 1,700. This would require a 11% growth in the profession.
On average, an administrative assistant earns a salary of $39,420 per year in Wyoming state. But, salaries for administrative assistants can vary. In 2010, administrative assistants made as little as less than $27,000 per year or as much as more than $57,690 per year in Wyoming. The counties in Wyoming with the highest average salary for an administrative assistant are:
- Lincoln County - $41,630 per year
- Albany County - $41,220 per year
- Campbell County - $39,260 per year
The Wyoming counties with the lowest average salary for administrative assistants are:
- Big Horn County - $37,120 per year
- Natrona County - $38,310 per year
- Laramie County - $39,250 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Wyoming statistics regarding a career in administrative assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Wyoming
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Wyoming
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wyoming
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||6,190||$28,780||16.1%|
|Office Clerks, General||3,400||$29,000||27.8%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||1,250||$39,420||-27.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Wyoming