There are schools offering allied health degrees in Wyoming!
Schools Offering Allied Health Programs in Wyoming
Your Favorite Schools
University of Wyoming, which was ranked 68th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Wyoming that has a allied health program. It is located in Laramie. 52 students graduated with a certificate in allied health from University of Wyoming in 2010. Tuition at University of Wyoming was $3,927 per year.
The second-ranked school in Wyoming with a allied health program is Western Wyoming Community College, which is located in Rock Springs. In 2010, it was ranked 71st nationwide. In 2010, 5 students graduated from Western Wyoming Community College allied health program. Students at Western Wyoming Community College paid $1,994 per year in tuition fees.
Central Wyoming College, which is located in Riverton, is the third-ranked school in Wyoming that has a allied health program. It received a ranking of 80th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 43 students graduated from Central Wyoming College allied health program. Tuition at Central Wyoming College was $2,136 per year.
Tuition at Wyoming's allied health schools ranges from $3,927 per year to $1,848 per year. But, the average tuition is $2,421 per year. The Wyoming allied health schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Wyoming - located in Laramie, students are charged $3,927 per year
- Laramie County Community College - located in Cheyenne, students are charged $2,472 per year
- Sheridan College - located in Sheridan, students are charged $2,322 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Wyoming allied health schools were charged at the following schools:
- Casper College - located in Casper, students are charged $1,848 per year
- Western Wyoming Community College - located in Rock Springs, students are charged $1,994 per year
- Central Wyoming College - located in Riverton, students are charged $2,136 per year
An allied health certificate from a Wyoming school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs allied health graduates in Wyoming pursue include home health aide, nursing assistant, physical therapist assistant, physical therapist aide, and massage therapist. 5,650 allied health professionals were working in Wyoming in 2010. Of these, 500 were certifed medical assistants. In addition, 1,030 were home health aides, and 2,970 were nursing assistants. The following counties have the largest number of Wyoming allied health professionals:
- Natrona County - 980 allied health professionals
- Big Horn County - 870 allied health professionals
- Lincoln County - 770 allied health professionals
The government projects that the number of allied health professionals in Wyoming will grow by 29%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 8,280 allied health professionals working in Wyoming. The greatest growth for allied health professional is predicted to be amongst Home Health Aides, who are expected to increase by 51% by 2018.
allied health professionals in Wyoming make an average of $29,711 per year. But, salaries for allied health professional can vary. In 2010, allied health professional made as little as less than $15,520 per year or as much as more than $50,650 per year in Wyoming. Allied health professionals in the following Wyoming counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Campbell County - $31,120 per year
- Natrona County - $30,600 per year
- Laramie County - $29,423 per year
Allied health professionals in the following counties in Wyoming make the lowest salaries on average:
- Albany County - $27,104 per year
- Big Horn County - $27,490 per year
- Lincoln County - $28,310 per year
On average, the highest paid allied health professionals in Wyoming were:
- Physical Therapist Assistant - $40,690 per year
- Massage Therapist - $31,500 per year
- Dental Assistant - $31,280 per year
On average, the lowest paid allied health professionals in Wyoming were:
- Home Health Aide - $24,540 per year
- Physical Therapist Aide - $23,600 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Wyoming statistics regarding a career in allied health. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse anesthetist or nurse assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Allied Health in Wyoming
- Bachelor's Degree in Allied Health in Wyoming
- Master's Degree in Allied Health in Wyoming
- Certificate in Allied Health in Wyoming
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|7,030 miles from location||University of Wyoming||Laramie||WY||32.3209||49%||12,427|
|6,992 miles from location||Laramie County Community College||Cheyenne||WY||15.0278||n/a||4,905|
|7,048 miles from location||Casper College||Casper||WY||19.9409||n/a||4,478|
|7,211 miles from location||Western Wyoming Community College||Rock Springs||WY||29.2898||n/a||4,079|
|7,051 miles from location||Sheridan College||Sheridan||WY||17.4917||n/a||3,899|
|7,149 miles from location||Central Wyoming College||Riverton||WY||20.2082||n/a||2,330|
|7,138 miles from location||Northwest College||Powell||WY||19.1349||n/a||2,099|
Curious what studying Allied Health gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wyoming
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Nursing Aides, Orderlies, and Attendants +||2,970||$27,260||-0.7%|
|Home Health Aides +||1,030||$24,540||-20.2%|
|Dental Assistants +||520||$31,280||10.6%|
|Medical Assistants +||500||$28,570||31.6%|
|Medical Transcriptionists +||220||$30,400||-29.0%|
|Physical Therapist Assistants +||120||$40,690||50.0%|
|Physical Therapist Aides +||120||$23,600||33.3%|
|Medical Equipment Preparers +||90||$29,560||12.5%|
|Massage Therapists +||80||$31,500||-20.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are allied health related jobs in Wyoming