There are schools offering RN programs in Wyoming!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in Wyoming
Your Favorite Schools
University of Wyoming, which was ranked 68th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Wyoming that has a RN program. It is located in Laramie. In 2010, University of Wyoming graduated 165 students from its RN program. The tuition rate at University of Wyoming was $3,927 per year.
The second-ranked school in Wyoming with a RN program is Western Wyoming Community College, which is located in Rock Springs. In 2010, it was ranked 71st nationwide. In 2010, 34 students graduated from Western Wyoming Community College RN program. Western Wyoming Community College charged in-state students $1,994 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Wyoming that has a RN program is Central Wyoming College. Central Wyoming College, which was ranked 80th in the country in 2010, is located in Riverton. 26 students graduated with degree in RN from Central Wyoming College in 2010. Students at Central Wyoming College paid $2,136 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Wyoming's RN schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $2,421 per year, though tuition can range from $3,927 per year to $1,848 per year. In 2010, the RN schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Wyoming were:
- University of Wyoming - located in Laramie, students are charged $3,927 per year
- Laramie County Community College - located in Cheyenne, students are charged $2,472 per year
- Sheridan College - located in Sheridan, students are charged $2,322 per year
The RN schools in Wyoming that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Casper College - located in Casper, students are charged $1,848 per year
- Western Wyoming Community College - located in Rock Springs, students are charged $1,994 per year
- Central Wyoming College - located in Riverton, students are charged $2,136 per year
A RN degree from a Wyoming school... what next?
Most people who graduate from RN school in Wyoming go on to work as a registered nurse. In 2010, there were 4,790 registered nurses working in Wyoming. The largest populations of Wyoming registered nurses are working in the following counties:
- Laramie County - 1,080 registered nurses
- Natrona County - 820 registered nurses
- Campbell County - 780 registered nurses
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 6,230 registered nurses will be working in Wyoming state. This would require the number of registered nurses to grow by 28%.
On average, a registered nurse earns a salary of $58,750 per year in Wyoming state. However, this number is only an average. registered nurses in Wyoming had varying salaries from $38,120 to $88,240 per year in 2010. The counties in Wyoming with the highest average salary for a registered nurse are:
- Laramie County - $63,610 per year
- Campbell County - $60,820 per year
- Natrona County - $59,410 per year
On average, registered nurses earns the least in the following Wyoming counties:
- Big Horn County - $52,480 per year
- Albany County - $56,230 per year
- Lincoln County - $57,420 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Wyoming statistics regarding a career in nursing and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse assisting or forensic nursing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing in Wyoming
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing in Wyoming
- Master's Degree in Nursing in Wyoming
- Certificate in Nursing in Wyoming
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|7,030 miles from location||University of Wyoming||Laramie||WY||32.3209||49%||12,427|
|6,992 miles from location||Laramie County Community College||Cheyenne||WY||15.0278||n/a||4,905|
|7,048 miles from location||Casper College||Casper||WY||19.9409||n/a||4,478|
|7,211 miles from location||Western Wyoming Community College||Rock Springs||WY||29.2898||n/a||4,079|
|7,051 miles from location||Sheridan College||Sheridan||WY||17.4917||n/a||3,899|
|7,149 miles from location||Central Wyoming College||Riverton||WY||20.2082||n/a||2,330|
|7,138 miles from location||Northwest College||Powell||WY||19.1349||n/a||2,099|
Curious what studying RN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Wyoming
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Registered Nurses +||4,790||$58,750||21.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are RN related jobs in Wyoming