Free finance courseware collections
In the business world, finance covers a range of positions, theories and strategies. Finance students may take courses in financial and managerial accounting, personal finance, financial theory, economics, budgeting, financial planning, small business finance, risk management, wages and salaries, currency and global markets, and more. Because this field is so broad, the list below of open courseware finance classes incorporates many of these different topics, giving students and professionals the tools they need to succeed in an ever changing, global marketplace. From Family Finance to Financial Theory II to Assessing Your Company's Financial Needs, this collection provides a well-balanced overview of business finance.
Students graduating with a degree in finance may become financial analysts, consultants, financial managers, money managers, financial planners, insurance agents and managers, investment bankers and more. Popular industries for finance majors include real estate, banking, corporate finance, accounting, bookkeeping, auditing, and financial advising, among others. Graduates can work in the private or public sector and will understand how to analyze financial data, tax forms, and international trends, as well as general business principles. Classes in this collection are offered by colleges and universities like Utah State University, MIT, Kutztown University of Pennsylvania and the International Institute of Management. Students preparing for or currently involved in college finance courses can use these courses as guides to obtain supplemental resources and education in their particular concentration, or as a general review. Finance professionals can also benefit from this collection, by learning about the newer trends and issues affecting the industry.
- Family Finance [Utah State University] - This course helps students establish and identify family financial goals, use financial tools and more.
- Introduction to Financial and Managerial Accounting [MIT] - Learn the basics of both financial and managerial accounting in this course, taught from the viewpoint of readers of financial reports.
- Financial Theory II [MIT] - Learn to use appropriate financial tools by evaluating financial theory and business issues in this course.
- Finance Management [International Institute of Management] - This course covers topics like cash flow, capital, financial instruments, budgeting and more.
- Assessing Your Company's Financial Needs [Kutztown University of Pennsylvania] - This course is designed for entrepreneurs and small business owners needing financial guidance.