Free sales and marketing courseware collections
Students taking classes in or majoring in sales and marketing gain a practical understanding of economics, consumer behavior, advertising, and general business principles. Sales and marketing experience prepares students for work in a variety of industries and positions, including jobs in in-house marketing departments, retail, Internet marketing and online retail, consulting firms, and advertising. Skills acquired in sales and marketing programs include the ability to evaluate and create clever advertising campaigns and budget reports. Students also learn how to conduct market research and target their specific audiences. Certain programs may also encourage the study of new technology systems which prepare students for real-life careers in design, research, development and more.
This collection of open courseware classes includes instruction from the Kutztown University of Pennsylvania and the Sloan School of Management at MIT. Readings, lectures and assignments cover topics in product promotion, pricing, providing services, market share, product value, branding, advertising, audience perception, public opinion and other concepts. Students will also be exposed to business techniques and principles in management, communication and strategizing. These classes can benefit students wanting supplemental training and resources in sales and marketing, as well as working professionals wanting to access current instruction in their field. Business professionals wishing to make a career change into sales or marketing will also learn valuable skills in these courses.
- Marketing 101 [Kutztown University of Pennsylvania] - Learn how to analyze and research your market and understand concepts like product, promotion, price and more.
- Pricing Products and Services [Kutztown University of Pennsylvania] - Understand pricing strategies in this course.
- Targeting Your Market [Kutztown University of Pennsylvania] - Learn about marketing concepts like increased sales, market share, and brand awareness.
- Pricing Strategy and Tactics [Kutztown University of Pennsylvania] - Take this course to understand "what value is and why it's better to set prices on value rather than cost."
- Introduction to Marketing [MIT] - Understand product features, audience perceptions, product availability and other marketing basics in this MIT class.