Free educational administration courseware collections
Educational administrators, students and teachers wanting leading edge resources to help them advance their careers, start out in the industry, or remain current on leadership techniques and curriculum design can use open courseware classes. This collection includes classes and references from the Connexions network, and focuses on understanding the unique working environments and issues affecting the educational field. Administrators need to evaluate the many different partnerships and politics associated with education, including board members, financial arrangements and funding, special interest groups, conflicting policies within an office or affecting an entire school district, and more. Students will also learn organizational behavior and the dynamics of leading diverse teams. Through classes like Integrating Thinking for Future Leaders in Education; Politics of Local Education; Organizational Change in the Field of Education Administration; and K-12 Leadership and Educational Administration Curriculum, students taking these open courseware classes develop their leadership skills and learn new methods in educational administration.
These courses are mostly designed for teachers and administrators at the K-12 level, but higher education administrators will find open courseware classes focused on their unique needs. Additional topics discussed in this listing of courses include proper ethical behavior and policy in the school system, conflict resolution and negotiation, adapting to new administrative techniques and teaching styles, and including a diverse population of students and teachers. The open courseware format allows busy students and administrators to access supplemental courses in a stress-free, user-friendly environment.
- Integrating Thinking for Future Leaders in Education [Connexions] - This course challenges education administrators and future educational leaders to adapt to the ever changing landscape of teaching.
- Politics of Local Education [Connexions] - Administrators are prepared to deal with financial issues, special interest groups, board members, conflict and more issues in local education.
- Organizational Change in the Field of Education Administration [Connexions] - Students learn about the unique organizational culture of education settings.
- K-12 Leadership and Educational Administration Curriculum: A Theory of Preparation [Connexions] - This course examines the current negative views of public schools in America, and how administrators can fix the problem.
- Ethical Administrators: Tools for the Trade [Connexions] - Public school administrators learn ethical, responsible behavior and limitations in this course.