Free dental hygiene courseware collections
Dental students and professionals working in the dental field can improve upon their training and experience by taking open courseware classes online for free. These classes can be taken anywhere, anytime, as long as the student has access to an Internet connection. For a basic background in human biology and dentistry, as well as specific training in denture care, geriatric dentistry and public health, students can turn to open courseware classes to develop their dentistry skills and education. This collection includes classes offered from the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. Classes like Basic Human Pathology, Oral Public Health and Community Service Program, Implant Dentistry, and Preclinical Complete Denture Prosthodontics cover topics in the public health care system, water fluoridation, cancer, treating patients with dentures, and treating elderly patients.
Open courseware classes in dental hygiene and dental medicine can prepare students for advanced programs of study in the field and help health care professionals learn more about dentistry. Classes are offered for free and often link to additional resources that help students understand their coursework and discover how class topics relate to greater issues in health care, economics and society. Busy students and health care professionals can take these classes while pursuing other degree programs or careers. Classes can be taken on the student's own schedule, and course materials and lectures are all available online.
- Basic Human Pathology: Parts I and II [Tufts University] - Get a solid background in basic human pathology with this course.
- Geriatric Dentistry [Tufts University] - In this class, students learn "how to render comprehensive oral health care and teach prevention to a dynamic, diverse and rapidly growing elderly population."
- Implant Dentistry [Tufts University] - Learn all about dental implants in this course.
- Oral Public Health and Community Service Program [Tufts University] - Students learn about the many different social, cultural and economic affects on oral public health in this class, including public health care, cancer, smoking, water fluoridation and more.
- Preclinical Complete Denture Prosthodontics [Tufts University] - Students get a solid foundation in dentures, including treatment of patients with dentures.