Free emergency management courseware collections
Emergency management, terrorism response and disaster relief are all growing fields relating to the health care industry. Working professionals who want to explore new career avenues or gain additional training in these areas can find open courseware classes online that provide instruction, resources and a solid foundation in emergency management. Students who enroll in these classes can work on their own schedule and access course materials from anywhere, at anytime, as long as they have an Internet connection. Highly respected colleges and universities like the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health welcome students to take advantage of their educational resources by participating in online open courseware classes that teach them skills in decision making, analyzing public health policies, responding to acts of terrorism, treating mass populations, and treating a variety of symptoms and conditions.
This particular collection of open source courseware includes classes like Case Studies in Terrorism Response, Radiation Terror 101, and Introduction to Mental Health and Disaster Preparedness, all offered through the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. Students taking these classes will learn about the immediate and long term effects of radiation, as well as methods to use when setting up counseling facilities after a disaster strikes. The course Impact of Pandemic Influenza on Public Health prepares health care professionals to take action in case of an avian flu outbreak. A number of resources are available online for students and professionals wanting training in emergency management. They will learn a combination of skills in quick decision-making and leadership, as well as practical, more objective skills like identifying radiation symptoms.
- Improving Understanding and Collaboration among First Responders [Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health] - Learn about the five responder groups in this course, including EMS, private security, law enforcement, fire, and public health.
- Case Studies in Terrorism Response [Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Health] - Students learn how to respond to and plan for terrorism crises in this course.
- Radiation Terror 101 [Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health] - Learn about radiation and the methods used to deal with radiation in emergency cases.
- Introduction to Mental Health and Disaster Preparedness [Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health] - Counselors and emergency works learn disaster relief tactics for dealing with mental health cases.
- Impact of Pandemic Influenza on Public Health [Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health] - Discover how the avian influenza would affect public health in this course.