Free health care administration courseware collections
Health care administration is a fast-growing career, and students and professionals who want to join the industry or advance their current careers within health care can start their education with open courseware classes. Health care administrators need to have an understanding of many of the different issues affecting health care, including insurance, public health policy, immunizations, information technology, ethics, long-term care, and more. Classes in these subjects can be accessed for free in a convenient learning format that allows students to complete coursework on their own schedules and access educational and training resources whenever they want, as long as they have an Internet connection.
This collection of open courseware classes comes from MIT, The Open University, and the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. Classes like Ethical Issues in Public Health, Comparative Health Policy, Caring in Hospitals, and Problem Solving for Immunization Programs represent the diverse offering of courses online. Medical students and nursing students, as well as administrators in hospitals and small clinics can all benefit from courses that teach basic skills and specialized applications. Topics covered in these classes include current health care policies, public health issues and warnings, health care ethics, appropriate health care administration strategies and behavior, proper techniques for administrators working in end-of-life care facilities, tools and tips for workers in immunization clinics, and general guidelines for health care workers who need to understand the limits of their care.
- Comparative Health Policy [MIT] - Students gain an understanding of the various health care issues and policies affecting their jobs.
- Ethical Issues in Public Health [Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health] - Learn about health care ethics and responsible health care administration policies in this course.
- Problem Solving for Immunization Programs [Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health] - Administrators in immunization organizations and programs can benefit from this course, which covers health care in underdeveloped nations, child immunizations, diseases and more.
- Moral and Ethical Principles in End of Life Care [The Open University] - Administrators working in hospice or other end of life care facilities learn new skills and strategies in this course.
- Caring in Hospitals [The Open University] - All kinds of hospital employees can learn more about the limits and effects of their patient care in this course.